Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Haha. I agree completely. But they are very friendly and professional. They have responded to me freakishly fast.

2. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Senior member

+1. I sent them an email today around 3pm and they (Ren specifically) sent me a very accommodating response at 5:45pm. I was fully expecting a response after the holiday season.

Awesome people/company!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Same with me, also a response from Ren. Not long ago.

4. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I fully agree with all parts of this statement. Their customer service is excellent.

5. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

Anybody hear any news about the fade contest?

As far as QC issues: I agree that they should probably beef up their QC department. I received a flannel not too long ago that had a small imperfection: a snag or bump in it's weave. Not necessarily entirely Gustin's fault: the mill that made the fabric let that one slip by. Still, though, it could have been caught in QC if somebody was looking carefully.

While I was disappointed with having to send the shirt back, I found their customer service to be top-notch and very friendly. I get the impression that their QC issues are likely amplified in this sort of setting. Without meaning any disrespect to those who received defective products: a vocal minority in here can give the impression that all is wrong with their operation, where the reality is likely that there are a few scattered hiccups here and there. Out of my 26 total orders with the company, I've had one issue that was clearly their fault.

Personally, I'm willing to live with that track record. For the price/quality ratio, I haven't found a better game in town than Gustin.

I have to disagree with the comments about the CXL #8 belt too: I bought one for my father this christmas, and I have to admit that I wish I had bought one for myself. I can only imagine what it will be like once it softens up with a little wear.

I have their natural classic belt, and while I wish they used Chicago screws in it's construction instead of rivets I'm extremely happy with that one as well. That's an easy swap too, if one is so inclined: simply drill out the rivet cores, and replace with Chicago screws. Bam. Done.

I have to admit that I'm fully aware that I'm a Gustin fanboy, though. I love supporting these guys, and they're slowly taking over my entire closet. They've been excellent to me thusfar.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  6. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Just got my waxed charcoal duffel! First impressions are this thing is beefy and heavy and awesome. The hardware definitely seems hefty and the leather seems perfectly in line with what I expect 9oz leather to be. Nice depth of colour and not super thick. Ykk zips feel great. These are just super first impressions though. More to come as I begin to use it!

7. chupas

chupas Senior member

Yeah I'm not too annoyed. I just made sure to soak the Loomstates in very cold water and left them in less than an hour. They shrunk up to about the right size. And on the Zim 18s I sized up one as well, so the fact they came in undersized wasn't that bad. The Black3s will take some nut-busting.

8. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

Second order from Gustin, second disappointment.

The Zimbabwe super lights came in a full size smaller than the measurements on the fit guide despite being tagged the correct size that I ordered.

Do they fit the bill for international return post when its their QC stuff up?

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I would contact them. If out of spec they usually take care of you.

-Mike

10. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

hey man the exact same thing happen to me recently

email em and I'm sure they'll take care of you

Gustin is reasonable when it comes to quality control fails

11. Mr SHIFTY

Mr SHIFTY Member

can anyone comment on the fit of the skinnys? pics?

thanks

12. wow445

wow445 New Member

I went for the same size as the Slim for me, 36, and man the top block was tight. Had to return to Gustin and now thinking about trying the next size up. I am a bigger dude so for skinnier dudes, it may not matter.

13. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

Well, looks like one of my jeans has gone from "begin shipping on 12/17" to "unexpected delay: Jeans slated to ship in middle ofJanuary." At this point I'm doubting any of my five orders with a December ship actually will arrive on time.

14. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I was wondering why you guys are so attracted to Gustin. I really don't mean to be a troll, its just that their clothes don't seem that much cheaper. I heard their clothes used to be much cheaper and you used to get $20/referral, making their clothes a bargain. But the thing is that N&F and other raw denim can be found on sale pretty regularly for ~$110 and at times even less than that. Additionally, their no return policy + size guessing + long wait makes it even less attractive. I do find the fabrics very interesting though and I check in to see what's new from time to time. Is the quality amazing for the price?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I can't speak for others, but I'll give you my answer in a serious manner, as I don't think you're trolling.

1. They're made in the USA. In my case, they're made within 50 miles of where I live, and are the most inexpensive locally produced clothing I've found yet (Tellason and Roy are also within 50 miles; and I have denim from all three).
    2. It's a small, up and coming company. I like their business model (minus QC issues).
    3. Quality of construction has been excellent -I've only had issues with measurements.