Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

There's always the issue of price. Filson stuff is awesome, but hard to come by at Gustin prices. All I have is a 257 briefcase that I got for essentially half price.

2. forex

forex Senior member

How much more is it to get the Filson? I have the small duffel bag and I think I paid less than $200 for it so not much more than Gustin. I'm not bashing Gustin here since I didn't handle their bags, couple of things that I received are actually very nice but their canvas bags didn't look all that good to me. These bags should last you a life time so it is better to spend a little more and get what you like rather than settle for something else. I might be biased as I am a die hard Filson fan, I think their bags are awesome for most situations including casual business offices.

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Filson's small duffel retails for $258. $200 is about as cheap as I've seen them online or anywhere else.

Gustin's duffel ($195) is a little smaller than Filson's medium duffel, which retails for $325.

4. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

And that $195 is still for the black or grey models - the brown/olive/oak ones were cheaper ($149) and the Military one was even less ($119).

5. forex

forex Senior member

Ok guys, enjoy your bags! I hope they last you lifetime.

6. raddoc

raddoc Well-Known Member

Who thinks Filson leather is corrected grain, sanded, and painted?

7. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Anyone contact Gustin (or hear back if they did) regarding QC issues?

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

They refunded me for the defective belt. I'm trying for a refund rather than store credit on the other issue.

This of course means that I will be attempting to take apart the rivets in the belt to see if I can reverse the buckle without damaging anything.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I'm getting nervous about the #8 CXL belt I ordered, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Has anyone documented—objectively—some of these QC issues and passed along to Gustin? I don't doubt they'd be responsive or at least seriously consider the issues and look into their supplier. They aren't exactly a household name, so they might appreciate the feedback.

Most shops I've tried to engage in conversation have been grateful. Only one was rather defensive and dismissive, so I stopped shopping there.

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'm trying to read your comment without reading any sarcasm into it. [​IMG]

I've had my North Face duffel bags for about 12 years of solid service. Once I feel the need to replace them, I'll start looking.

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I got them off of Ebay a few months ago. They're a bit on the tight side, so I've got them up on Ebay until I lose enough weight to wear them. If they sell, at least I got my money back on them.

12. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I got one from the first batch and have worn it at least weekly for over five months. I'm betting you'll be happy with it. I've got no beefs; it's fantastic -- the only nicer belt I have is Horween Dublin from Greg Stevens at almost 3x the price.

13. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Gotta disagree. I sent mine back because it was very plasticky and not substantial enough for me. But maybe I didn't give it enough time?

14. dlebowski

dlebowski Member

My Ethiopians are stupid tight. 33's - and the 33 Heavy American's I have fit great. It's not "need to break in tight" either.

And the seam on the button fly popped. REALLY disappointed here. That's a lot of money to wait three months for a blind item, that's sized different than what I had before, which also needs mending...

15. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

I've got a filson medium duffle, which has been great for me. But the obv reason is to support the brand and they're quite a bit cheaper. I think a lot of people caught some kind of Gustin fever as well, and ended up wanting to own all things G. I mean they even sold flasks and people bought them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014