Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

2. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

Actually ... one out of every 10 belt backers get that special edition version which is made in a rough out leather :rotflmao:

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

This issue (especially given that it's the second screw-up I've received from Gustin this week) was off-putting enough that I cancelled an order that hadn't funded yet. If I could cancel the other two, I probably would. This sort of thing is absolutely horrendous for maintaining customers. They're going to have to come up with something incredibly special for me to consider funding another item. I'd rather buy indirectly from Ebay where at least I can request measurements for the actual item I'll be getting.

Like I said with regards to the PB Flannel issue, it's hard enough to determine size based on measurements even if you CAN rely on the company to get the order right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  4. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Has anyone here ever received a refund for a product that failed quality control?

Given the likelihood of screw ups it would be ridiculous to receive store credit, wait an indefinite amount of time for a campaign that you like, and wait another 1-2 months for a potentially defective product

5. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

I had an issue with a pair of slim fit jeans having pretty much every dimension a size larger compared to the fit guide. I returned them and was given the options to take either store credit or a refund.

They also paid the return shipping when they had verified that the issue is real.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

good stuff

thanks

7. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I really hope Gustin is addressing their quality control issue. I've yet to experience problems with their jeans. But on my King Ring, one of the Chicago screw came off after a few weeks of wear. I was lucky to find it on the floor of my car. But I'm having difficulties of figuring how to tighten up the screw as there's no grip on one side. But, it's all good. I actually won that piece on their facebook drawing. I don't know if I've said this but I hope it's not too weird...The fly construction of my Heavy Weight is not as quality as my Iron Heart 634S...I mean the stitching feels a bit on the flimsy side like the stitching is all over the place where as on my IR634S the stitching has more uniformity and looks stronger. Also, I coped their Black Ballistic Backpack and I really really hope it will withstand the test of time.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

So I have a question. Does Gustin actually use Chicago Screws on their belts? The item description states that the belt is riveted. I've already contacted customer service about returning this one. I'm just hoping I'm not stuck with store credits, as I really don't think that's right in this situation.

The more I look into these things, the more I want to say, "Forget buying pre-made belts, I'll just make my own."

Oh, and I'm spoiled on run of the mill denim now that I've acquired that pair of Roy jeans... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. barrelntrigger

I think their belts are just riveted.

Bro, I'm becoming more of a denim snob by the minute. I picked up a pair of Gilded Age Gotham raws. A year ago I would be bouncing off of the fucking wall but after owning a pair of Iron Heart and Full Count, I'm like meh...I'm still waiting to cop a pair of Samurai 25th anniversary raws for a good price.

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I know what you mean... I have jeans by Gustin, Tellason, Flint & Tinder, Canton Overalls and Roy (not to mention the other ones in my Ebay inventory). I've become so enthralled by the Roys that only one or two others even get worn. I'm really intrigued by some of the super heavy denim from Iron Heart.

The funny thing is that all of these are better than anything I owned prior to 2013... I blame Style Forum.

11. barrelntrigger

When did you cop some Canton?!

12. Muey

Muey Well-Known Member

So this happened to my duffel today:

[​IMG]

Had about 10kg+ of stuff loaded in the bag.

Took it off my shoulder, and during that motion I suppose the opening latch part must have momentarily been subject to the full weight of the bag - with the result of pulling it wide open as there's no proper lock mechanism in the hook design.

I managed to get the hook forced back into the normal position with a pair of pliers, but am left wondering how many repeat moments one can go through before the hook gives in - clearly it's not made for this level of stress.

This would of course be a complete non-issue if the carbine hook used in the bag would utilize a better design:

[​IMG]

Something to consider for future revisions of the duffel, I hope.

13. forex

forex Senior member

I don't understand why you guys any duffels other than Filson, hell any canvas bags other than Filson.

14. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

Whats Gustins returns policy? If you aren't happy with the quality (i.e.: the duffel) is it just bad luck, you're stuck with it?

15. proception

proception Member

Gustin waxed canvas duffel in black. Everything looks great, have to give it a few weeks to see if any issues arise. Some pics: http://imgur.com/a/yYmTU .