Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

What sort of discrepancy are we talking about? And I take it you're measuring them as stated in the guide?

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Yes, I'm following the guide.

The waist is nearly a full inch less than advertised. The two top buttons can't be buttoned.

3. aikiman44

aikiman44 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, sizing on several of mine have been inconsistent, too.

4. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I also got the antique nep blues and while they do a feel a bit looser than my other jeans, they're not loose enough to be off 1 full size. If I went down 1 size in these they'd be uncomfortable for me to wear. They're not really tight in the waist but it feels roomier in the thighs.

I have had jeans in the past that were off a full size and I ended up returning them for credit. It sucks because them you don't get the fabric you wanted and if they ever do offer it again it's generally at a higher price.

I'm most likely done with Gustin. They've been steadily increasing prices, they're branching out in to too many things now where the quality control is starting to suffer, and they have cut off credits to people for invites. Supposedly there's small print somewhere that says the credits are capped at $200. I exceeded that over a year ago when they were handing out $20 credits instead of $5 but they've decided to start enforcing this unknown policy in the last few months.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014

5. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

With all these measurement checks going around I wondered if I felt my trucker sleeves were too short because of the design itself or just the measurements weren't as stated. Guess it turned out to be the latter. 9" + 23 (7/8)" = 32 7/8", a full inch less than stated, which would've been perfect. Should've done this when I first got the jacket, but oh well. I'll still wear it, probably won't buy any more jackets though. I have a one of the duffel bags coming in and if it's anything like the reviews in this thread have implied I imagine it will be my last Gustin item. Hoping it's great, though.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014

6. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

This happens very frequently. I've had to send back three pairs because of variances in sewing.

7. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Sorry to hear about the problems regarding sizing. I do agree that Gustin appears to juggling to many projects and QC has slipped somewhat; that said anything I've read here shows that their customer service is impeccable. Although it sucks that folks lose out on fabric choice and price on a credit.

8. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

LOL at waiting 2+ months for t-shirts, regardless of quality.

9. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I really liked the flannel shirt I just got which renewed my interest in this brand. I would buy another if I hadn't spent so much this month already.

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

The saga of screwups continues...

I received this belt yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Yikes. That' should have never left the shop.

12. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I'm wearing that belt right now. I don't see what I'm supposed to be looking for in those pics.

I have the belt pictured above in that natural color and also black and they are both great. I recently ordered their CXL belt and despite a much higher cost, I was disappointed by the quality. I wish I would have taken pics before shipping it back. It was wrinkling all over like you'd see with cheaper leather. I'm guessing in this instance it's because they stitched the CXL to some veg tanned leather and it doesn't quite work out right.

13. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Houston, we have a problem!

14. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Well that is just sad to see. Contact them you know they will fix that up or just snag a pair of chicago screws fix it your self.

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Quality of leather is fine. Buckle is mounted backwards. I have the same belt in a different color which is fine.