Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

I think all any of us can say is..maybe? The G team does it's best (as far as I'm aware haha) to get things out around that window that they quote. Right now, we have an excess of orders trying to be fulfilled too quickly - they even admitted they bit off more than they could chew. If you backed a bunch of things over the course of the year, some things would ship surprisingly quickly, some 2-3 times longer than expected and others right on the mark. I'd say except for a few oddities (I think some of the early chinos were ridiculously late), you'll AVERAGE in the window. I'd very much hope it means our stuff will be in around then. I'd expect more late January/early February due to the backlog, but I'd be happy if I was wrong.

2. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

My order status had the ability to change sizes. I actually used it. Then the button disappeared when it went into production.

I now have a status update of "Production status: 12/11: Denim has been cut as is now in sewing. Expected completion end of January."

3. edman1905

edman1905 Active Member

Yeah, where did the ETA go?

4. proception

proception Member

Just wanted to give quick props to Gustin customer service. I backed an item, saw a similar one for sale in stock, asked via e-mail if I could swap the orders, they responded within an hour OK, and I had the new bag purchased and otw within minutes. May seem like a small thing, but customer service on that level is impressive. :slayer:

5. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

OK this may sound stupid, but where does one see the stock stuff?

6. proception

proception Member

nah man I had no idea either. Weargustin.com/stock .

7. ricedaddy

ricedaddy Well-Known Member

Anyone have a charcoal chore coat in medium want to trade for a small?

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

This may be a long shot, but if anyone out there got a PB Flannel in a classic large and might want to trade for a Slim Large, get at me.

9. profkrispy

profkrispy Member

I just received a pair of Zimbabwe's from Gustin in size 33 straight. If anyone has a pair of 34 straights they would like to trade, let me know. Thanks.

10. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Btw, Gustin got back to me after I sent measurements to them and they said my measurements are too large for the size I ordered (31 slim). They offered to take it back and pay for shipping. Good outcome but bad because I don't get the actual fabric I preordered anymore.

Unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened either...

11. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Goddammit, I hadn't checked Gustin's site in awhile since I was away/busy with work and missed this https://www.weargustin.com/store/1314. If anyone got a slim small and doesn't want it, let me know!

12. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

If anyone is interested in a Medium Chore Coat in the Army Herringbone fabric drop me a PM.

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That's essentially the same thing that happened to me with the PB Flannel. I just measured everything, what I got is that Chest and Waist measure like a medium slim; Neck and Shoulders are right for large slim; and Sleeves and Length measure like a large tall.

C'mon Gustin, it's hard enough to fit into shirts using your online size guide without the results being so far off...

14. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

I just received my Grey / Black waxed canvas duffel from Gustin and tbh, I'm disappointed.

The canvas feels tough and looks great, no issues there at all but the leather used feels cheap, way too thin and very "plasticy". The zip is good and feels solid but again the leather handles, strap attachments / clasps etc all feel cheap, are they even metal?

The leather feels like the stuff they use on knock off products.

It looks great but for the money they charge I was expecting a MUCH better, more rugged quality item. This is more akin to a $80 bag from a department store, not a bag worth $255 (inc international postage).

Bottom line, its a nice looking bag with great quality canvas, let down by its cheaper feeling/less durable looking leather trim handles, straps and fittings. If I walked into a store and physically handled it, I wouldn't have bought it at the asking price.

Fix the issues and you have an awesome bag on your hands....it could be a little bigger while you are at it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

is it me or do Gustin jeans not live up to their stated measurements on their site's fit guide? This is the 2nd pair I received where the waist and rise measurements are all over the place :eh:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014