Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. elimmie

elimmie Well-Known Member

Have you considered to offer the wokshirts and jackets in a tall option?

2. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

3. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

@joshgustin - Cone BluexBlack workshirt. yay or nay?

4. chupas

chupas Senior member

USPS loses money because of Congressionally-mandated accounting gimmicks.

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Yip! They are suppose to have enough money to fund for future employees' retirements 70 years in the future. They are trying to bankrupt USPS so private shipping companies can take over. Dirty motherfuckerz.

6. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Newsflash: Nobody really cares about employees' retirement or their retirement funds. It's just a hot button that politicians and corporate executives throw around whenever necessary.

7. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Just got my #171 Antique Nep Blues in the mail today. Same size as my Grey Silks -- 31 slim. These feel one size too big, no idea why. Compared to my Kickstarter Standards which are a 31 standard, they also feel 1 size too big.

In the past when they've been large or small, it's been due to the fabric weight. But these ones are 12oz which is the same as the grey silks, and 0.5oz lighter than the Standards (12.5oz).

In the other pairs I have, they started off really snug, which was great because after I broke them in, they'd stretch out to the perfect size. These fit loose enough brand new, so as they stretch, they will be way too large.

Something seems off on these with what apepars to be 1 size too large. I sent email to them, but wanted to post to ask if anyone else is noticing either problems with their #171 they may have gotten ,or other pairs?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

8. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

What would make them stretch if they currently fit comfortably?
    This is a real question - I'm just trying to imagine what would make the pants waist bigger than yours.

9. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Quote:It fits comfortably in the waist, overall, but other parts of the hip are a snugger in some areas. It'll stretch. But given it's already too large, it won't have the same "custom" feel when raw denim stretches out to your own body. My real question is one about quality control I guess, or just whether sizing has increased recently. I can't imagine why I'd suddenly need to start ordering a size 30.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

10. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Yeah, I understand about the consistency thing, I was off on a tangent.

11. cthip

cthip Senior member

I don't know if there have been any systematic measurements of shrinkage in Gustin shirts, but I figured I'd post up the following for reference. My Gray Ember Flannel (size large) shipped in March 2014 and is washed and worn weekly during winter, fall, and spring. It's always washed in cold water, and never put in the dryer.

Here are the current measurements:

Chest: 43.5" (published is 45.5")
    Waist: 41" (published 43.5")
    Center back: 28.75" (published 30.875")
    Sleeve: 34" (published 35.5")
    Shoulder: 18" (published 19")
    Neck: 15.25" (published 16")

While it's not a crazy amount of shrinkage, it is significant, and the shirt initally fit perfectly so it borders on unwearable now. Just something to keep in mind!

12. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

Any chance you can provide me with pit-to-pit measurement? Or should I just half the chest?

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@gustin

Re: chore coat

How much fading can I expect from the indigo x indigo chore coat? It seems almost black!

Ideas: burgundy chore coat and an indigo denim, blanket-lined version.

Great product and service overall!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014

14. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I got my Sixteeners in today! 31 Skinny. No joke, these are skinny! I have three used pairs of Railcar Spikes in 30,and this must be how they felt new. One of the pairs is a 16.5 oz Old North colaboration. I wear N&G Skinny Guys in their size 31, but they are stretch. I have a pair of Royal Cast that I'm fighting right now. No fit pics yet, as these Skinnys are just that, and I can't get the two top buttons done yet.

15. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I got my rocket flannel in large slim fit. Looks great. fuzzier material than I was expecting but that's fine. I would have bought two flannels if I knew what I was getting. Note the slim fit is slim. This isn't the j crew slim fit. It's not the most comfortable shirt, but that's what I wanted. It's like a size medium but with longer arms.