Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. gustin

gustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hoping I can talk Josh into launching on Tuesday.

2. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

No. Denim. I have two. This grey blue and a heavier weight indigo denim.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

I was a backer on their original Kickstarter campaign and got a 12.5oz of their "Standard" in standard fit in a 31 waist. After breaking in for a few weeks, I really liked the fit and it's my favorite pair of denim I have.

A few months later, I got a pair of the 9oz #37 Super Light in the same waist size (31) and standard fit and found they fit much more baggy. At the time, I figured it was just because it was such a lighter weight denim, it would automatically fit looser and also stretch out more. So I lived with it.

I just got a pair of the #60 Light Lefthand in a slim fit 31 wait and the fit is unexpectedly loose. This surprised me because they are heavier than the #37 super lights at 10.0oz and the fact they are supposed to be "slim" fit. I've verified the label inside says "Slim" for the fit and the waist size is indeed a 31.

Admittedly I haven't bought any denim from them 12oz or heavier since the kickstarter campaign, so can't verify whether or not my theory about lighter weight denim is true. But even after I typed that out, it doesn't seem to make sense because even with lighter weight denim, you'd expect the initial size to be the same and it woudl stretch out more.. no?

Am I going out of my mind or is something wrong?

4. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Senior member

How do your new pants measurements compare to the measurements they have posted online for the size you have?

https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide#jeans

5. wunnaz

wunnaz Well-Known Member

how can i get these denim card holders? they gave as a gift?

6. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Just curious if either the Fourteneer or Loomstate that are set to ship in December will make Christmas.... both still just say closed funding for me!

Cheers!

7. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

If you think something is off we're happy to follow up on your pairs to check them out. Just shoot me a pm. Thanks.

8. demonsblood

demonsblood Well-Known Member

+1 would like to have a more "tapered" style fit like the APC Petit Standard or Petit New Standard. One thing I do not like of my Gustins is that the rise is much too high.

So Yea:
    slimmer through the thigh, more taper knee down and lower rise :) Same great fabrics!

Here is to wishing! :slayer:

9. INeedSpeed

INeedSpeed Member

How soon can we expect the jacket you guys hinted at?

10. 2eleven

2eleven Member

That may be true of 29s, but I have had the opposite experience with 32s. My 32s have measured .5" smaller than what the fit guide indicates before wearing (fit guide says 32.5", mine both measured 16" across pulled tightly!). They stretch an inch, so expect 33" for a 32. That's not the 33.5" I was expecting. They also shrink back after washing of course, so expect a few days of snug wear before they return back to their stretched size. I'll be getting 33s in the future, though the fit guide indicates the 33 is actually 1.5" larger than the 32 in the waist. If the 33s measure true to the fit guide (or larger as the 29s apparently do), that would end up being 2" larger or more! If that's the case, there is no Gustin size that would actually fit me. Anyone out there measure a pair of 33s before wearing?

11. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

I've got a pair that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow if you believe USPS's tracking. I'll measure if I remember.

12. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Any update on the loopwheeled sweater?

13. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

Just measured the 2 pairs I have and both have a waist size that seems to be about a 0.5" larger in the waist than the fit guide indicates they should be. They measure 16" when measured side to side, which points them at 32" where they should be 31.5". Thigh also seems larger as well by about a 0.4".

Anyone else seeing this variance?

Fortunately, Cody @ Gustin just got back to my support email and they are offering to exchange them.

14. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

They're looking good. Hoping to launch this month.

15. 2eleven

2eleven Member

Thanks - that would be really helpful to know before I order 33s.