1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

2. shlongconnery

shlongconnery New Member

Can anyone compare the fit of Gustin Slim Chinos to J. Crew Urban Slim Chinos? I wear a 32 waist in J Crew Urban Slim and when I measured the thigh, I got 24 inches. The chart below shows almost 26 inches.

How would a 33 Gustin Slim compare to a 32 J Crew Urban Slim? For reference, I find that J Crew 484 is a decent amount too tight in the thigh for me.

J Crew Urban Slim:
    [​IMG]

Gustin Slim:
    [​IMG]

3. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

For starters, the J.Crew measurements are a circumference, not measuring flat and multiplying by two. You can measure your Urban Slims the way Gustin does and compare the measurements. For a 33 Gustin, it shows the thigh is 24.5 inches, and you said your Urban Slim measured out to 24. I would imagine they would feel slightly larger than the J. Crew pant

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  4. shlongconnery

shlongconnery New Member

When I measured flat and multiplied by 2 for my J Crew Urban Slims, the numbers were all a perfect match to that chart, except the thigh. So I'm not really sure whether J Crew used actual circumference, or calulated by measuring flat and multiplying by two.

I was hoping someone has worn both and can compare. I'd be more than fine with the Gustin Slims being 1/2 inch bigger in the thigh, I'm just trying to make sure they're not any tighter in the thigh.

Also, I'm slightly worried about the waist being too tight. Is sizing up 1" for Gustin compared to a brand like J Crew enough? Based on the measurements I've taken it should be. But again, I'm hoping for feedback from someone who has worn them both (may be a longshot.)

Thanks in advance if anyone can give some insight!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  5. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

Did the Waxed Charcoal Chore Coat fund? I can't find it on the recently completed campaign list. I wanted to fund it, and it didn't look like it had a lot of backing yesterday, but now it's gone amongst all the City Coats (which I don't seem to like very much).

6. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That one didn't fund. We run our waxed canvas a lot so it'll probably be back at some point.

7. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Got the Postal Herringbone yesterday after returning from an extended Thanksgiving trip. That thing is badass. Way more substantial than I had imagined and the fit is absolutely perfect for me. Great work on this one guys - cannot recommend it highly enough. Might take me several years to break this beast in!

8. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

@joshgustin - So it's been a while since I asked...how's that sweatshirt coming? [​IMG] Also...thoughts on a spring jacket? Maybe an anorak style? Or perhaps pop-over/henley shirts (particularly with that fantastic waffle dobby fabric, which is fantastic by the way. I mentioned it was fantastic, right?)?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  9. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Knits are coming. Never as quickly as we'd like but I'm going to venture to say you may see a launch this month on our first knit product. Haven't turned to spring jackets yet. Agree on the Dobby. I actually forgot to put my name on the list for one of those -- huge mistake.

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Any chance of the dobby in a workshirt?

11. NXNW

NXNW Senior member

^This.. please bring back the waffle in the new sizing options or WS. Can't find a good one anywhere

12. Edsal17

Edsal17 Well-Known Member

+1 on the Waffle Dobby. I'm really disappointed I missed it.

13. Louys

Louys Senior member

Can anyone comment on sizing for the trucker jacket? For reference I'm 5'8" and take a size 36 jacket.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  14. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

$60 to ship the city jacket to Canada is crazy.

15. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Probably a small?
    I'm 5'9" and 165lbs. I have a mildly athletic build and fluctuate between a 38 and 40 jacket and wear a medium