Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

I'll have one of my sewers take care of it. I don;t want anyone thinking i'm not happy with this because I am seriously impressed & happy.

Just that one flaw which they should adjust moving forward as most have found the G WS too long

2. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

Gustin measurements look pretty standard when you compare overall with pit to pit measurements and not actual tag size, these are of course modern fit and not vintage, I do have few LVCs Sunset 1920 two pockets these have narrow shoulders and shorter length with boxy fit & I love them, just waiting Gustin to come out with mid weight like 6 to 8 oz, I don't prefer any thing heavier than that, enjoy you look good in them!!!

3. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

It shouldn't be difficult to bring the waist in on their chinos, right?

4. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I also received my postal HB workshirt and it's fantastic. Anyone wearing a small G shirt should strongly consider picking up the one on their stock page.

5. ispace

ispace Senior member

Thanks for the review & pics DD. The shirt looks awesome, I'm sorry I didn't get one (I have a RRL one in a very similar raw herringbone fabric). Also very glad to see the pocket fabric perfectly aligned to the body, as requested by me & the buying public! :) Looking forward to many more unique selvedge workshirts!! B.

6. RohitSingh

That looks like XXXL :) Maybe this changes with soak, problem with Gustin is their denim is not tested also they don't reveal mill's name and its unknow how it goes with use. I guess you should give it a good hot soak before having a shirt shortened!!!

7. Dirty Denim

Its been cold washed and dried on high heat. It shrunk up a bit but still is a bit long. This denim is from Candiani mills in Italy. Who i like much more than most of the Japanese mills.

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Right, because outsourcing with the same city is so much worse than to another continent...

9. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

Whole outfit is spot on. I disagree that it's too long. I believe workshirts should be a bit looser, in the unlikely event that some kind of actual manual labour is required.

10. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

I just backed the Ebbets ball cap. However, I've had a ball cap in past with a metal clasp and it dug into back of my head - not an Ebbets though. Anyone else had an Ebbets with metal clasp?

11. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

+1

12. Dirty Denim

I agree but unfortunately I doubt Gustin made these with a mechanic or a manual laborer in mind. The fit is fine but it could have been 1 inch or so shorter. Let me just say my body type needs more room so I welcome it more than a skinny feller. Most of the people who look for the so called perfect fit in jeans & especially shirts forget that denim shrinks regardless of it being sanforized or one wash so starting out with a bit of room is a good thing. I own a Iron Heart one wash selvedge denim shirt that shrunk from a XL down to a medium. That shirt was the best fitting shirt I owned and now sits in my closet useless

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

13. RohitSingh

As long as measurements matches the fit guide provided by Gustin its fine, here are few pictures for workshirt length,[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

+2

15. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

You have an IH WS that's a medium sitting in your closet huh..... hmmmm