Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Whoah that sucks, I'm surprised you still support Gustin following your experience.

2. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you had any negative experiences with their clothes, though?

3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to see Gustin come up with a variant of the Levi's tobacco field jacket and Iron & Resin Rambler jacket. Doesn't necessarily have to be waxed cotton but maybe an unwaxed duck cotton of some sort. I think it would look pretty cool.

4. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I got a tracking number for my Waxed Brown Trucker!!! I'm actually a little nervous with the size I got for my indigo x indigo Chore Coat. I tried on my brother-in-law's Medium Chore Coat and it felt a little long in the sleeve and big on my so I went with the Small. The sleeves on the Chore Coat are shorter than the Trucker- it may not be an issue wit the IndigoxIndigo fabric, but the waxed cotton holds the wrinkles, essentially "shrinking" in length.

5. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Hope it works out for you. If not, it shouldn't be too difficult selling it on fleabay Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. phxaz

phxaz Well-Known Member

@joshgustin when offering a shirt or pair of pants in new fabric, can you make a sample for pics and take measurements pre and post soak and provide the info in product description so potential backers know what to expect with sizing. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That would kind of defeat their entire business model wherein they source fabrics, and then buy them once they determine that there is an interest in that fabric.

8. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

They usually post pre/post measurements with unsanforized fabrics. I have seen some swatches in various stage of fade. Sometimes, though, a fabric only lasts one run, and you won't get a completed item depicted.

9. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

Just received my first skinny "#166 Italy IndigoXindigo" "SKINNY" & "WOW", this fit is so perfect when I compare these to my earlier slims ... JUST LOVING IT :) THANKS GUSTIN!!!

10. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

@joshgustin - I am just waiting on workshirts in mid weight like 6 to 8 oz, cant get enough!!!

11. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Got notice that my Postal HB workshirt is en route yesterday. With a little luck I'll be holding that beauty tomorrow!

12. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior member

How does the chore coat fit? True to size, or should one size up?

I'm 6'2", athletic build, ~195lb. I think the L is listed right at my chest measurement of 45" (I'm about 44.5") which would make it pretty tight, but I'm slightly worried that the XL will be a bit too loose around the middle (true waist ~34"). I think the safe thing to do is roll with XL so I can wear something thicker than thin t-shirt under it and just deal with it having a poor drape. What do you guys think? Will it look better slightly too small, or too large?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

13. koge99

koge99 Member

My personal opinion would be to go with the smaller one,if you can deal with less clothing. It gives a better figure and seems more stylish...

14. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Got my Postal HB WS Classic XXL. Its really long but G made it to long in the 1st place so having it come in .625 longer than that makes it even worse Even with that 1 mistake I think the shirt is a Home run for my big shoulders, chest and belly. I have issues in these areas so having this fit like it does makes me real happy. A soak or wash will bring it in a bit so i am sure the fit will improve. I'd say this shirt easily is my favorite in my closet full of heavy hitters. The sewing lines are spot on perfect. Well done Gustin

PTP 25in - .5 higher (Within Gustin allowance)
    Waist 24 - .5 higher (Within Gustin allowance)
    Sleeve 37 - .5 higher (Within Gustin allowance)
    Shoulder 20 - perfect
    Back Length 32.5 -.625 higher (bit outside)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

having a shirt shortened is a pretty easy task for any competent tailor