Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

I'm in for my first order with the Japan Military Green Chinos. It is only at 40% with just 4 days left though. If it doesn't hit 100%, I guess the order isn't actually placed? I hope it hits it, I really like the look of those and saw some good reviews of the last ones.

2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

[​IMG]

love this pic on Gustin's instagram. I was curious what other people use to re-wax their truckers and this one was done with Otter Wax which uses natural ingredients. I was looking at Filson's wax but there's is paraffin based. Cool pic though

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I am on the fence about these. Can you point me (here or via PM) in the direction of these reviews? Thanks.

4. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Senior member

I can't seem to find the particular one that pushed me over. I thought it was on Dappered's forums, but can't find it. The person really liked the way they were made and looked, but thought the color was a little too brown in some light.

5. chupas

chupas Senior member

I got mine last week and love them. Would not hesitate to back. The heavier weight is really nice and the texture/heft/looks of the fabric is great as well. They can look a bit more on the brown/khaki side in certain kinds of lighting (pics below are taken with shades drawn/shitty indoor lighting), but I think it mostly depends on what colors you're wearing them with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SteveH35

SteveH35 Senior member

Hey Josh,

I just got my first pair of Chinos in 31 slim. They fit perfectly everywhere but are just a bit tight in the waist. Are they going to shrink when washed? Are they going to stretch? Particularly important because I have two pairs of the Selvedge Chinos on order and want to make sure I get the right size. I can get them buttoned, but they're tight. Every other dimension is perfect. I'd hate to size up to 32 and lose the great fit I have everywhere else, but obviously don't want pants that I can't button if they shrink or if the Selvedges end up even a bit smaller then I'd be in trouble.

Thank you,
    Steve

7. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Thanks for posting. Those look great!

8. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I wouldn't expect them to stretch. In fact, I asked the same question of Gustin before I ordered and was told the same. Did you order TTS or vanity?

9. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

The jacket previewed in the email looks great.

Have you considered carrying a heavy flannel type fabric in a solid or non-check pattern?

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Update to the duffle looks nice. I have had nothing but problems with mine and this looks to adress some issues

11. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We just haven't found a lot of heavy flannel yet. Most has been patterned so far.

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Blasphemy! [​IMG]

13. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

What kind of issues have you had? I have a charcoal with the horween leather one on the way...are any of these updates included with those?

14. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

Glad to see the jacket preview too. I've been waiting for some kind of overcoat. Any more info on this? Do you plan on offering one in herringbone? I'll be backing regardless.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I was walking down the street with it after having it for a few days and the entire buckle broke into pieces and the strap broke off. The bag fell to the ground and broke my iPad inside of it. Also one of the handles was problematic as well and the zipper would not fully close. The best part is that because I got a bit of transfer from my clothes onto the bag Gustin said the bag was used and would not replace it for me...I never once complained about the shoddy construction breaking my iPad and causing me to spend hundred of dollars. I never ranted or raved publicly in any forum (until today I guess) either to try and garner any special attention. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed with how it was handled (no pun intended). It was a terrible customer service experience and the last item I backed from them...

EDIT: I should add that Gustin did fix the broken strap. I had to pay to ship the bag back to them to do so, but they did fix that. I promptly donated the bag

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014