Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

+1

2. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We plan to stick with the 13.5oz waxed. Not sure on final cost yet until we make a final fabric selection and sew a sample. We'll see if fit need to be adjusted. It'll partly depend on how thick the liner is.

3. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I biked in with my waxed canvas trucker in low 30 degree weather here in Houston. I wore a Tshirt under OCBD and thin north face fleece vest. The cold here in Houston can be a little humid/wet. Things can get clammy real fast if you over exert, leading credence to the saying, "cotton kills" I like wool due to the fact that it can still keep you warm even when damp. I request some kind of wool or blend.

4. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I like the wool idea but if it adds significantly more cost over fleece, flannel or moleskin then it might put me off of buying a lined trucker. I'm sure Gustin wants quality but also something economical perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I'm a little surprised so many people want wool as a liner. I'm not against it, but it would have to be a blend and I would think it would increase cost considerably... maybe past my personal budget (not that my budget is all that important in the grand scheme of designing a coat).

I'm thinking the fleece would offer a happy medium and still be comfortable on bare skin if you're only wearing a t-shirt under it. Like I said though, I'd be in for wool if it didn't kill the cost.

6. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

If they added a nice wool liner that was removable that would be amazing. I'm envisioning a field coat make up in the shape of a trucker. I doubt G is looking to bite off that type of redesign right now though, especially considering we're probably looking at a spring time arrival at the earliest.

7. gaseousclay

Same here Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ryantmccoy

ryantmccoy Member

I'd want a wool saddle blanket liner like in the Lee storm rider. Something like polartec would be be an odd match with the waxed cotton.

9. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Hey Josh,

Will the Ebbets collab hats be available on your site or only Ebbets?

Thanks

10. FatCatPhil

FatCatPhil Senior member

Are there any plans to issue a bagpack in olive canvas / cxl leather? I held off the black edition in anticipation for it.

11. gaseousclay

Let's not get carried away with the lined trucker ideas, guys.

I think we would all agree that:

1) the cost increase will be taken into consideration. The higher the cost, the less likely any of us will back it.

2) the trucker should have a lining that is functionally warm and compliments the style of the jacket.

3) let's see what Gustin comes up with before we start throwing out all manner of requests. I'm sure someone here would like Unicorn fur but it doesn't mean it should happen.

I'm for lining that will work well in Fall and Spring weather. I don't think we should go overboard asking for removable lining (the exposed zippers would render the trucker ugly), nor do we want Gustin to simply copy Filson or Barbour. I want something, simple, cost effective, functional and that compliments the trucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  12. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I'm with you. Seems fleece is a tried and true option for truckers and I wouldn't expect the cost difference to be exorbitant. Seems like the logical place to start.

13. technovox

technovox New Member

Great idea for putting a lining on a Trucker jacket. I love my Gustin Trucker jacket, but it does feel a bit stiff when I first put it on in the cold mornings (here in San Francisco.) My vote for a trucker lining is for cotton. Personally, I can't wear wool, without it feeling scratchy. And I know plenty of other people that have the same negative reaction to wool. A super soft cotton would be a perfect addition.

14. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Merino wool liner.

Done.

15. CafeRacer99

CafeRacer99 Well-Known Member

They did say the backpacks will come out in the waxed fabrics. Don't know about the leather.