Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. chupas

chupas Senior member

@joshgustin For the natural indigo cheese dye, any chance of a slightly heavier version on the horizon? Or anything with a similarly vibrant bluish color? I love the Postal Blues and missed them when they ran a year ago, so I've been waiting for something similar, but 11 oz. seems kind of on the light side. Maybe I'm being overly picky.

2. forex

forex Senior member

3. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Haven't seen anything that color in a heavier weight lately. Will keep looking though.

4. joshgustin

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Any idea whether the Japan khaki workshirt will come back any time soon?

6. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Josh - I just wanted to thank you quickly. I for one appreciate how responsive to us here recently and wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't going unnoticed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

7. joshgustin

My pleasure. Thanks for keeping things active here.

Also, just met today to start on a pattern for the lined trucker. Can't promise timing yet, but we'll try to get it done as quickly as we can.

You guys interested in a fleece lining?

8. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I would. Frankly, any high quality lining to add some additional heft for those of us in colder climates. You thinking fleece in a denim option or some of the canvases you've done?

9. joshgustin

Probably start with the waxed canvas.

10. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

For the love of God put it in the Dark Oak!

11. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I'm open to fleece, flannel or a moleskin lining like the Filson soy wax short cruiser. I also second using it in the dark oak trucker. My question is, how much extra would it cost if the regular unlined waxed trucker goes for $139? Are we talking an additional $20? $30? Also, would you end up using a thinner waxed canvas than your current 13.5oz? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Some other questions I have with lining are 1) how would the addition of lining effect fit? The truckers are fitted, at least to me. I'm curious how difficult it would be to layer underneath without it feeling too tight. 2) warmth. I mentioned fleece, flannel and moleskin but compared side by side I don't know which provides the most warmth. I'm being practical I guess and since I live in Minnesota it would make sense to have lining that's effective and also compliments the jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Depending on the thickness of the liner I wouldn't think they would have to tweak the fit.If they stuffed 15oz of fleece in there than maybe, but most of their flannels are 4-5oz and I don't notice a fit difference when wearing one under their coats. My impression is that most companies don't augment their fits to account for liners but perhaps I'm wrong. To me, price would be a bigger concern if I were trying to sell to the masses. I imagine the price on the current trucker is the sweet spot for their typical customer and the closer to $200 they get the harder it gets to sell. Again though, perhaps I'm wrong.

Overall though, the wind breaking ability of the heavier waxed canvas coupled with some additional insulation makes a lined trucker very compelling for me. Waxed canvas doesn't always feel comfortable either. Sometimes it has what I'll call the "wind chill effect" where it seems cold when you first put it on until your body heat warms it up. A fleece (or other) lining would solve that.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Actually, it's 'complements' with an E. Think of it as 'completing' the thing to which it refers. :teach:

15. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

I'd say for a lining you should go with something that actually insulates a body - wool.
    Polar fleece and it's derivatives do also, but wool looks and feels better (to me) and is more in keeping with the aesthetic of Gustin - so far anyway.