Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. NXNW

NXNW Senior member

With all the new Horween accessory success I'd like to throw out a request for a simple zip wallet. I feel like these have been rising in popularity with work & streetwear guys and there are not too many options on the market at a reasonable price. More basic the better, no big bi-fold zips. Thanks!

Otherwise, excited to see more of the blazer/bedford

2. clew

clew Active Member

Im near identical sizing to gaseous and got a large dark oak trucker, fits great...only thing i might change is an extra inch or 2 at the waist, but its minor, and i suppose not really in line with a trucker

3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I thought the same thing, but because it's a trucker the shorter length doesn't bother me. I think what make it look weird is if you wear a longer shirt. The trucker looks more natural because it sits at the waist, likewise your shirt shouldn't sit too far below the belt Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gaseousclay

I suppose it could be done, but denim and thick waxed cotton are very different. I'm basing my theory on the stiffness of the Gustin trucker. And again, because the Gustin trucker is stiff and fitted it makes me wonder how difficult it would be layering underneath. I think this is why Filson uses a 6oz twill for their soy wax short cruiser, it's more pliable and offers greater movement in the torso

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

not sure how to say this nicely so I'm just gonna say it: the blazers that are being teased on Instagram are a mess

6. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Hmm...first there's a CPO with three chest pockets and an arm pocket. Now there's a blazer with four buttons, peak lapels, and quilting at the shoulder.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that someone at Gustin might be an Engineered Garments fan.

7. gaseousclay

[​IMG]

I stand corrected, according to the Filson site their tin cloth short cruiser is 15oz, not 12.5oz as I originally posted.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  8. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Amen

9. notwithit

IDK, if they can make what looks like a slimmer-fitting take on the EG Bedford - hopefully making it as easy to tailor as their chinos instead of using felled seams - at a fraction of the price and use some cool fabrics (wool blends, chambray, &c.), I'd probably be down with that.

10. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

keep an eye out tomorrow. your selvedge twill chino just might be there.

11. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

This.

I'm not totally down with the waxed fabrics, but it would be cool if they could start using the chino and CPO fabric.

12. notwithit

Yeah, waxed definitely wouldn't be on my list, but duck, any of the CPO fabrics, any of the heavier chambray fabrics, and maybe some of the twills could all be good.

13. Muey

Muey Well-Known Member

Yeah, not really a fan of the 3-button cut, and the length looks a tad short.

Personally I would be interested in a ~5 button casual jacket which lapels you could roll/fold down as needed for a makeshift "workwear" blazer, but which you could also wear fully closed/buttoned up to the top if you'd want to.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Awesome! I am ready and waiting

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I am interested to see what the heck Selvedge Twill actually is! I really need my first pair to come in though before I start buying more! I am on the Zimbabwe's Mr. Gustin! :)