Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. forex

forex Senior member

Did anyone receive the Brown x Black chore coat? I don't see any picture here!
    If anyone has that or the green herringbone chore coat in size XL, I would be interested.

2. cc3peat

cc3peat Well-Known Member

Just to go back to this, I'd appreciate an option to have the jeans hemmed at AB Fits. $10-15 extra, Gustin sends the batch out to AB Fits, then Gustin takes them back and ships them out. With the kind of volume Gustin is getting now I would have to imagine it would be a profitable venture for both AB Fits and Gustin, especially given their proximity.

I would just prefer to have an option that I trust. I don't like any of my options around here, and even if I did that's time I have to take out of my day to deal with it. I'd gladly pay a premium, and would actually buy more jeans most likely, if I could customize the inseam for an additional fee.

And last, I'm looking forward to getting my Bright Blue 12's in soon. They'll be my second pair in hand and I've been extremely pleased with the first.

3. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Josh can you comment on the difference between the gray American chino fabric and the Japan Khakis that started today? Are they not 8oz? Do they have a different hand feel?

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Just backed the PB flannel. Looking forward to it!

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Seriously Gustin, make it less easy to order from my phone in a bar... Everything looks good!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  6. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I finally took delivery of my brown waxed trucker jacket yesterday and it does not disappoint. Initially, I had an issue with the left cuff feeling smaller than the right, but in retrospect, I did have my watch on which is what may have caused this. I took my watch off and now I can't really see a difference.

Overall i'm very pleased with my purchase. The jacket feels substantial and well made and I like how it's very stiff. It's also kinda neat how the color of the jacket seems to change depending on the light, going from brown to an almost orange hue. It's also an all around stylish jacket. If I had to add anything to the Gustin trucker it would be to offer a version with lining, kinda like Filson's soy wax short cruiser. Those of us in the cold midwest could use that little bit of extra insulation during the Fall/Spring.

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

You should read the sizing on Gustin's site and measure your clothes. You will get the most accurate fit.

8. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

I did take a look, and it doesn't seem like it is quite as slim, but then again I have washed and dryed my stuff from J.Crew. Someone else posted earlier that they are the exact same, but they were referencing Small.

9. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

So have a tailor put in darts. No one here will be able to really estimate Gustins tolerances it is all personal on how you like a shirt to fit, where the arm holes start all sorts of "cut" stuff. Best bet is snag a shirt off the "stock" page and see how a normal fits then you can check out the slim based on that. This explains why Gustin does those gingham get all that Jcrew business lol.

http://instagram.com/thatjcrewginghamshirt

10. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Weight is similar, but the shade and feel are different. Shade is darker and has a little more green to it. The feel is also smoother.

11. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I received an email update that they Brown x Brown are going to be cut this weekend. My Indigo x Indigo are also in that batch.

12. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

13. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'll check for it. Not so much love for the stripe chambrays so far. I like them a lot but it wasn't that popular on the first run.

14. D Z00

D Z00 Active Member

ahahaha

15. elephantm

elephantm Member

I think it would be a great idea to run a campaign and see how many people are interested in such a fit.