Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

How about customizable inseams in general? Seems like a waste of fabric and time to cut everything to 34" for those that need shorter or longer inseams. I know it's easier to make everything just a single length but come on.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Or, if you must, an option to have the pants hemmed before sending them out.

Also, an ivy cap in a waxed cotton fabric would be awesome.

3. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

I would obviously support custom inseams. Even having a 34/36 option for each pair would be fine.

4. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

Perhaps you can ask for donations from those cutting their jeans shorter so you can sew them on to your jeans.

5. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

About to back the new herringbone workshirt but not sure if this kind of shirt looks best in slim fit or classic fit? I'm pretty sure both will work for me, but decision is pretty much depended on desired fit.

6. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

This has been asked and apparently they won't do it.

7. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

It's not that they won't do it, they likely can't since they source manufacturing to a third party. Also, given the time constraints of their product you're likely looking at further delays to get your stuff. I personally think it would be a nightmare to have to measure and hem hundreds of pairs of jeans. Plus, a lot of small denim companies sell their jeans with 34" or 36" inseams, so I don't see why Gystin should be any different. It's easier to just get them hemmed locally IMO Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

Who says Gustin has to limit themselves to what others do? Isn't being different from the others why they were founded? Also, I don't know of any other jeans you pay for and wait 3-4 months for while they are made for you, that would seem like an ideal situation for customizations in fact. They are already making the jeans for a waist size you specified, adding in the inseam to the order isn't asking for the moon. If companies can offer made to measure $400 suits, I think Gustin can manage to find a way to customize inseams.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  9. gaseousclay

I think that is asking for the moon if you're doing what Gustin is doing. plus, I don't see how customizing inseams would be a good thing given how many complaints i've come across regarding the fit of their jeans. having the correct inseam should be the least of your worries

10. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Because other denim companies aren't making their jeans in gmto fashion with 3 month lead times.

I'm not pressed on it and if I lived in a city and had tailors I trusted it'd be a non issue but I don't and I'm guessing a fair amount of gustin potential customers don't so I'll hold off on those gustin purchases.

Also I don't think this is a good Argument unless you're arguing people not buy gustin haha

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  11. gaseousclay

but there are other companies that are doing the crowd-sourcing model, like Lawless, Taylor Stitch and a few others. Lawless has their own factory, so has the ability to customize product for customers but it's still a 6-8 week turnaround. Gustin does not have their own factory. Also, Gustin's lead time is 2 months, not 3. I'm saying that because of Gustin's sizing inconsistencies, adding the ability to choose your inseam size would only compound the problems. Gustin needs to sort out their sizes first and then address customizing later.

12. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Wow this caught me you see that as a good argument!? Plenty of GOOD reasons not to bother with Gustin not getting a inseam custom is not one of them. It is group to order with about 3 months lead time when they are done lol.

13. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

My thought on the inseem debate is to simply set up a more defined procedure for sending the pants to AB-Fits. They do good work, they are local, and they have a discount for $10 chainstitch hemming for any G pants. I would suggest a shipping/billing option that simply adds them into the mix for people who want to shorten.

14. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

AB Fits raised their price for hemming Gustins to be on par with other jeans purchased elsewhere. To them, at this point, Gustins are just like and other pair of jeans they don't stock.

15. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

TheObserver: I'm ordering all of my workshirts in Slim. I have the Cone 101 and Herringbone coming in Medium Slim. It really depends on if you're wearing them tucked or untucked, and how it fits your chest/waist. I like things on the slimmer side, so I'm backing Slim. All my Gustin truckers and chore coats are Small, so I don't want a billowy sail under my outerwear. The only reason why I'd go with a Classic cut is if I were going to treat the workshirt like a jacket/CPO.