Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

If you stick to the fit guide's measurement suggestions then you should be fine, and if you don't find the super heavies comfortable than you will never find any heavier denim comfortable. The super heavies are very well regarded

2. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

Loving the look of these trucker jackets, but not confident about sizing...

I'm pretty small, 5'5"/145 and wear between a 36S and a 38S depending on manufacturer.

I dont have anything to compare the jacket to sizing wise, so was hoping to get some guidance from you guys.

I'm guessing an XS Gustin is the way to go for me? I tried on a levis trucker jacket the other day (not sure what model specifically) in a Small, and the sleeves/length/chest were good, but I couldnt extend my arms out in front of my without the shoulders tightening up. Not sure if that helps guage my size at all...

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. (just backed my first jeans, the Pure Japan, and keep checking to see what they have thats new)

3. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

These fit smaller than my Levi's truckers. I wear a small in Gap and a small in Levi's. See my fit pics above. I wear a 40S and bought a small because I like a tight fit. It fits well in the shoulder and chest. I'd be happy with an inch more length in the sleeve, but it's fine when I'm not riding. A small will fit you, no doubt. An XS may be a little snug?

4. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Fit pics of my olive waxed trucker (with back cinches tightened):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

^^ What size? Would you be willing to share some of your measurements?

6. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

Looks good, HeavenResign! What are your measurements? Perhaps Limonade could benefit.

7. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

8. HeavenResign

Oh yeah, of course!

Size XS

5'9", 135 lbs, 35.5" chest, 30" true waist

It probably wouldn't hurt if the sleeves were 1/2" longer, if I droop my shoulders the sleeves come up my arm a bit. The sleeve length is probably the only reason I'd be wary of sizing down - the shoulders are a little larger compared to most of my other XS jackets (Schott, Pointer) which I don't mind but also it should make sizing down a bit easier for some people.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  9. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Finally received shipping confirmation today for my waxed trucker. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

Oh man.... that means trucker weekend!!!

Time to check for my confirmation...nope, still shows "Started cutting last week." On the bright side, a few other things of my have started cutting: Indigo x Indigo Chore Coat (last week), Italy Black x Black, and American Sixteener! at least I'll be able to get started on my Gustin Fade contest. You guys will be able to see the skinny fits when these come in. I have a 33-straight Fourteener to compare. My bro-in-law sold me that one and I realized that the straight fit was not for me. The Skinny's are going to be a 31. I'm breaking in an Unbranded 121 Skinny Straight 32, so I'm used to the struggle.

11. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I've noticed that shortly after a waxed duffel is offered, a waxed Trucker follows shortly after... I hope my theory holds true and that a Charcoal Trucker is in the works!

Dang it! Why did they have to offer an Army Green Chino and Herringbone Workshirt?!?!!

12. HeavenResign

Oh yeah - and to the question of things I'd like from Gustin - I'd really like chinos to be offered in the skinny cut. There's plenty of denim options for dudes who want skinny cuts but especially with the duck fabrics you offer there's really nothing else like it available in skinny cuts.

Also I know this is probably on the to-do list but with stuff like Lawless cropping up, being able to choose your inseam and other mto-like options are probably more needed than simply new products but that's obviously just my opinion

if there's a charcoal waxed trucker i'll probably buy it

13. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

I don't necessarily see this as an option. It would probably further delay shipment.

We need a longer inseam for the taller slimmer guys. I can't wear a 34.5" waist but that 34" inseam allows zero room for shrink.

14. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I looked into that company, and man, I could spend a lot there! They offer a lot of things I value. I don't see the 6-8 week turn around as a bad thing if I'm getting custom stuff with Kevlar lining. IMHO.

15. khordkutta

khordkutta Member

Would like to see some hats, forgive me im still a b-boy @ heart, bucket hats, fisherman hats, waxed or unwaxed.