Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

I realize this is something of an niche product: but I'd love to see a gustin guitar strap. woudnt have to be anything fancy, it's just very difficult to find a decent, simple, affordable leather guitar strap.

I've got one from tanner goods that I'm quite happy with. I'd like to see one that's a little easier on the wallet and can extend a bit longer, though.

2. westie187

westie187 Senior member

3. soundsringing

soundsringing Member

4. soundsringing

soundsringing Member

+1

5. chupas

chupas Senior member

Just to reiterate, a slightly tapered fit PLEASE. The slims are perfect for me in every way except for the size of the opening at the hem -- it's like 1-1.5" total larger than I would ideally like.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

6. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

If you really want a challenge, how about boots? If figuring out how to manufacture a quality boot is too hard, then maybe you could do a collab with Red Wing, Wolverine, Alden, or Viberg.

7. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Just saw the Chambray workshirt on the Gustin live feed. Looks amazing & likely the best of any to be delivered

Not my photo. Boosted it off the poster
    [​IMG]

8. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I'll post some pics. They were pre worn, but I also bought them years before NaF had theirs. I even have a pair in blue. They are stretch denim. I've seen fade pics on Rawrdenim that look very similar. How could they not with similar materials (indigo warp, red weft)?

9. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Regarding other recommendations, I agree with what some others have said: a more classic fit that's tapered would be great and likely popular, and a shorter version of the workshirt (or both shirts) would be great since I'm not tucking those.

10. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

definitely agree on a denim cut that is similar to the straight cut but tapered from the knee down

could even go for a higher rise to differentiate it as long as the thigh remained roomier than the slim

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Y'all kinda read my mind on the scarf.

5-panel/camp hats

It would be awesome to see loopwheeled (or comparable) sweatshirts and tees with an updated fit: opened up neckline, long/slim torso and sleeves (maybe a 1/2 or 3/4 sleeve baseball tee, also). Something for tall, skinny dudes who arbitrarily don't like having stuff touch their necks.

If vintage loopwheeled (or similar) fabrics are readily available, a shawl cardigan with handwarmer pockets has been on my wishlist for a long time. Tapered sweatpants could be good, too.

Echoing the call for heavyweight flannels.

Repeating myself, but coin pockets on chinos.

Nicer pocketbags on jeans (hidden rivets could be nice but are a lower priority IMO).

A tall/slim shirt fit.

A taper fit cut that's a little more generous through the top block and thigh with a sharper taper toward the knee.

Selvedge duck chinos.

12. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Couldn't agree more with the above (edited). Also, it would be AMAZING if you could up the quality of the pocket bag material. Maybe use some extra chambray from the shirts? Even if it cost a bit extra, I think there would be a lot of people who would be an extra $10-$15 for a couple added touches to your regular construction -- pocket bag material, hidden rivets for the back pockets, even an extra bit of stitching that attaches the back pockets. Just a thought... And just my two cents... Stay away from the fancy details (pockets) on your items. Gustin is great in that it produces high quality BASICS from lots of different and unique fabrics. Stick with that -- no need to be Engineered Garments, just be Gustin.

13. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I got my Waxed Trucker in olive on Saturday!

It fist exactly how I want in the chest with the Small size, but the arms could be a touch longer.

Stats: 5'7" 160 lbs, 40S coat, 15 1/2" neck, 33" sleeve, 32 waist/30 inseam, yeah, I'm pretty close to sample size. I'm getting a 1/4-1/2" of shirt cuff showing.

The only fit pic I have is my denim x denim shirt (Gap work shift) and jean (Imogene x Willie) combo that I was breaking in over the weekend.

November will be a heavy Gustin month, I've got the Sixteeners, Cone Workshirt, Brown Waxed Trucker, and IndigoxIndigo Chore Coat with November/December deliveries. December? Just as bad/good.

[​IMG]

14. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I will go against the grain and say that I don't remotely care about things like better pocket bags and hidden rivets. Denim construction is good as is.

15. tehdvd

tehdvd Well-Known Member

@nomeX Wow if you got a size Small and you normally wear a 40s then my jacket will be way too big for me. :(