Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Quote:
    Seems like just low lot numbers why it might have power sold. Grey silks they throw that up all the time with different id's and it sells hehe. I always wonder if 3x1 sells more of them now because of the Gustin numbers.

As well yeah weft color is not exactly gimmick but it is not for everyone. If anything gets a gimmick label it is glow in the dark & scratch n sniff jeans. Fade to color like the red cores i always thought was sweet. Same as indigo then dipped in sulfur to for a fade to blue effect.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

2. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Fair point - maybe gimmicky is a bit bold for red weft. The japan shine they ran a month ago... those were gimmicky

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

3. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I would totally back a pair of indigoXred weft or even bright purple.

4. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Yeah, it's not that I can't see why it may appeal, it's just not practical at all for me.

I compare it to a sportcoat I used to have that was a bold pattern with some brighter checking. It was a nice sport coat, but I couldn't wear it with much. You add to that some of the appeal of raw selvedge denim is watching it wear in a way that is uniquely you and you have a product that I wont personally buy.

No judgement here though. If I could wear jeans everyday I suspect my opinion would be different

5. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I would love to see a purple gingham or flannel shirt. Hopefully in a slim fit which is supposed to debut any day now.

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Dang. BlackXRed. Those look pretty cool. Too bad I am in a holding pattern until I get a few of my current pairs.

7. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Yes, they are pretty good! I backed it. Should look great with a color 8 boot and suede boot!

8. clew

clew Active Member

Black/Red is my alma maters colors, but looks ridiculous on denim to me. CPO also looks awful, but love some of the fabrics. Guess I prefer classic styles vs tricked up.

9. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

I'm actually crossing my fingers that they do a rerun of the dark grey herringbone Cpo... The more I look at it, the more I like it, and the two new wool colours just don't make the cut as winter layers for me. Team Gustin, hear my plea!

10. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I'm in trouble...

I have so far backed the Truckers in Olive and Brown waxed canvas, Skinny American Sixteeners for the Fade Contest, the IndigoxIndigo Chore Coat, the Cone 101 Workshirt, The Horween Key Chain, and most recently the BlackxRed in skinny.

The only thing I've gotten so far is the Key Chain!

All this started because my brother in law sold me a pair of 32 Straight fourteeners that were too tight for him. I'm most excited about the BlackxRed jeans, since I was looking for a version of some CCS jeans that were very similar with a red weft and blue or black warp. I was going to buy some N&F Weird Guys with the red core, but I prefer the skinnier fit. I hope Gustin adds a Slim version to their shirts.

Currently I'm breaking in the fourteener and a pair of Unbranded 121's. Leave it to raw denim to side rail my sport coat buying run.

11. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Red cores rule nothing like the red weft, well maybe they are both jeans. Slim versions are confirmed for oxfords.

12. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

I just backed a pair of HA's. Hopefully it gets funded.

Like the look of their Chinos. Anyone weigh in on fit, quality etc?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

13. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I may be able to make that happen for you. I'll look around. Slim option is coming this week.

14. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Fantastic pair of jeans and, while I only have 1 pair, I've been impressed with the quality of their chinos

15. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Yeah, I was too. Although I've never seen them in person, haha. I'm looking for something business casual for the office and was considering a different brand in my price range but these look great.