Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome to Styleforum, guys. Always nice to see some innovators.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. red81

red81 Senior member

one more vote for chainstitch option.

(yes i realize i can ship them out to others, but that's a big hassle for me)

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

More tonal stitching options would be nice.

I wanted to buy the black/indigo pair but the bright orange stitching was a dealbreaker.

4. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just wondering if you've had any feedback or thought about any possible changes to fits on any of the products? Figured this thread could be a good spot for discourse with (sometimes) informed consumers. I'm a fan of the products, good quality/$ ratio. I do have a couple general questions and possible suggestions. I think maybe carrying stock in both denim fits in one of your more standard fabrics and weights could solve a ton of issues with consumers and even lead to a greater percentage of repeat buyers. If someone could get a fit idea in 2-3 days rather than months, they'd definitely be more apt to be a repeat customer, and in a shorter time frame. Exchanges for sizing only on this one "trial" pair would be huge.

Also, have you gotten any feedback on the OCBDs to the point you've considered any changes? Fabrics are great, but I hate the buttons. They seem to be miraculously wafer thin, and I've broken 2 buttons on one and 1 on another shirt. Length is certainly on the shorter end, making tucking in on low rise chinos and such fairly difficult as well. I also believe carrying a small amount of stock in something like a light blue OCBD would do wonders for every other shirt as well.

All this being said, keep up the good work, product is a great value and hopefully works out well for you guys while helping drive some positive change to the industry.

5. joshgustin

joshgustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Appreciate your thoughts on the product and model.

On fits, we much prefer to keep our existing fit blocks unchanged while adding new variations based on feedback. For example, some people have asked for a skinnier cut than our slim fit on the denim side. Since we now have a lot of people who like our existing slim, we're more likely to add a skinny cut to the line. Same goes for our shirting. A longer version is a great thought, so we'll be more likely to add a long version as opposed to changing our current fit around. Hope this makes sense to you.

Holding inventory is certainly something we try to avoid as it leads to a lot of inefficiency that we think drives up costs. We're working on a few ideas around this so keep watching.

We haven't received button feedback like yours yet but we'll definitely keep an eye out for it. We looked around for a while for great mother of pearl buttons so we want them to last. Shoot me a note if you need a few spares. There are a few inside the front placket, but I'm happy to send you some extras.

Josh

6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Good to see you guys on here!!! Can we please bring back the Super Heavy Slubs???!!! [​IMG]

7. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

My only pair are heavy americans, straight fit. What kind of fades should I expect on that one?

8. sammmmy

sammmmy Member

Love your guys's jeans.
    Anybody have anything to say about the shirting?

9. cyberkip

cyberkip Member

Unbleached warp cores + brown weft (similar to Nudies' new model) = even better fades than current 'dirty' looking styles.

I'll probably never see it, I know, but that's one of my (several) holy grails.

10. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Congratulations from north of the border on becoming a Style Forum affiliate. I own a pair of your Cone Mills Broken Weave and your Japan Classics in the straight fit. I'm liking how they break in a lot.

11. gustin

gustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This seems like a good place to post this. We have a pair of factory 2nd's to give away. Slight fabric flaw on the left thigh. Heavy Americans (16.25oz Cone Mills denim) in our straight fit. PM me your size in Gustin if you want 'em - first person with the right size gets them!

[​IMG]

12. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

Welcome to Style forum.

13. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Congrats on becoming an affiliate. I've been watching the unofficial thread for a while hoping for some more info on the shirts. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like many people here order them :( Too many jeans to consider buying a pair, so just sticking with shirt info for now.

14. gustin

gustin Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

15. lbrig

lbrig Senior member

Do you have any photos of how the slate greys fade over time?