1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. SteveH35

SteveH35 Senior member

Hey Josh,

I just got my first pair of Chinos in 31 slim. They fit perfectly everywhere but are just a bit tight in the waist. Are they going to shrink when washed? Are they going to stretch? Particularly important because I have two pairs of the Selvedge Chinos on order and want to make sure I get the right size. I can get them buttoned, but they're tight. Every other dimension is perfect. I'd hate to size up to 32 and lose the great fit I have everywhere else, but obviously don't want pants that I can't button if they shrink or if the Selvedges end up even a bit smaller then I'd be in trouble.

Thank you,
    Steve

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Thanks for posting. Those look great!

3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I wouldn't expect them to stretch. In fact, I asked the same question of Gustin before I ordered and was told the same. Did you order TTS or vanity?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  4. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

The jacket previewed in the email looks great.

Have you considered carrying a heavy flannel type fabric in a solid or non-check pattern?

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Update to the duffle looks nice. I have had nothing but problems with mine and this looks to adress some issues

6. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We just haven't found a lot of heavy flannel yet. Most has been patterned so far.

7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Blasphemy! [​IMG]

8. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

What kind of issues have you had? I have a charcoal with the horween leather one on the way...are any of these updates included with those?

9. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

Glad to see the jacket preview too. I've been waiting for some kind of overcoat. Any more info on this? Do you plan on offering one in herringbone? I'll be backing regardless.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I was walking down the street with it after having it for a few days and the entire buckle broke into pieces and the strap broke off. The bag fell to the ground and broke my iPad inside of it. Also one of the handles was problematic as well and the zipper would not fully close. The best part is that because I got a bit of transfer from my clothes onto the bag Gustin said the bag was used and would not replace it for me...I never once complained about the shoddy construction breaking my iPad and causing me to spend hundred of dollars. I never ranted or raved publicly in any forum (until today I guess) either to try and garner any special attention. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed with how it was handled (no pun intended). It was a terrible customer service experience and the last item I backed from them...

EDIT: I should add that Gustin did fix the broken strap. I had to pay to ship the bag back to them to do so, but they did fix that. I promptly donated the bag

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Whoah that sucks, I'm surprised you still support Gustin following your experience.

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you had any negative experiences with their clothes, though?

13. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to see Gustin come up with a variant of the Levi's tobacco field jacket and Iron & Resin Rambler jacket. Doesn't necessarily have to be waxed cotton but maybe an unwaxed duck cotton of some sort. I think it would look pretty cool.

14. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I got a tracking number for my Waxed Brown Trucker!!! I'm actually a little nervous with the size I got for my indigo x indigo Chore Coat. I tried on my brother-in-law's Medium Chore Coat and it felt a little long in the sleeve and big on my so I went with the Small. The sleeves on the Chore Coat are shorter than the Trucker- it may not be an issue wit the IndigoxIndigo fabric, but the waxed cotton holds the wrinkles, essentially "shrinking" in length.

1 person likes this.
  15. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Hope it works out for you. If not, it shouldn't be too difficult selling it on fleabay Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. phxaz

phxaz Well-Known Member

@joshgustin when offering a shirt or pair of pants in new fabric, can you make a sample for pics and take measurements pre and post soak and provide the info in product description so potential backers know what to expect with sizing. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That would kind of defeat their entire business model wherein they source fabrics, and then buy them once they determine that there is an interest in that fabric.

18. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

They usually post pre/post measurements with unsanforized fabrics. I have seen some swatches in various stage of fade. Sometimes, though, a fabric only lasts one run, and you won't get a completed item depicted.

19. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

Just received my first skinny "#166 Italy IndigoXindigo" "SKINNY" & "WOW", this fit is so perfect when I compare these to my earlier slims ... JUST LOVING IT :) THANKS GUSTIN!!!

20. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

@joshgustin - I am just waiting on workshirts in mid weight like 6 to 8 oz, cant get enough!!!