1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Any chance of adding a coin pocket, ideally offset from the waistband (like in the photo below)?

[​IMG]

If a coin pocket's in the works, #1 on my wishlist is a caramel selvedge duck chino (though I assume that's a relatively pricey and uncommon fabric).

2. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

Waiting for brown Duck Canvas jeans at least 14 oz or higher .....!!!! Someday ....[​IMG]

3. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

ooooo nice

1 person likes this.
  4. RohitSingh

This is what I mean :)
    This is what I mean :)[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

I did as you suggested and found nothing. I even went back 400 posts. I just had my pants hemmed by AB fits but the don't do shirts and they just lost the tailor that they would have recommended.

So I ask the group and or Josh, who do you recommend for sleeve alterations in SF Bay Area.

6. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

Try Seymour's, 211 Sutter St #701, San Francisco. They do all my suits and shirts alterations and are great!

7. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Thanks!

8. RohitSingh

One more :) These are 17 oz[​IMG]

9. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Do the Iron Heart you keep posting not fit you like the gustin cut or are you a size that is extant in iron heart. You can still buy them dawg ;)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  10. RohitSingh

Haha!!! I am not fan of IH, just got two type 3s, jackets never bought their jeans cause I am not out of my head :) I did not have better picture of Duck brown so posted .... Hope Gustin does that soon :)

11. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

You are not "out of your head" buying iron heart. Yes the brand comes with cost associated with kicking ass for so many years, as long as they are still doing it 'right' go for it. It is all about fit and what the consumer sees as quality, as another user on this forum posted a few pages back modifications to his back pocket to mimic iron heart construction accoutrements. Keep learning about denim and garment construction views on things will change and grow. I do like the duck brown have been tempted by the the "it's all duck" roy hehe.

1 person likes this.
  12. RohitSingh

I guess their denims are made for bikers, for me anything more than 16 oz is overkill, I wish if Gustin made few changes like hidden back rivits and heavier front pocket bags (not back and there is a reason for it) will be more desirable :).

13. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Chinos are back today. Few of our favorite all-American fabrics to start but a lot more to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. westie187

westie187 Senior member

No larger sizes.... *sigh*

15. Allen22

Allen22 Active Member

Hmm.. It was darker at the first run. Is this the same fabric?

16. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I have some desert duck canvas chinos from Epaulet and have frankly found them difficult to wear. They look good with blue, but a little off with just about everything else since they're not really grey and not really in the tan/khaki/olive/brown spectrum of colors. I thought that would make the versatile but the effect has been the opposite.

That of course is no reflection on Gustin's product, just my musings on the color.

17. loanshark

loanshark Senior member

18. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

19. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Interesting observation. I was going to get the Epaulet or Gustin for the versatility. Are you saying a white or red/pink won't go well? Having a hard time imagining even a grey shade not matching with standard colors.