1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Sure.. these are the 32 Slims with an inseam of 32. I am 5'9 around 155 lbs.

2. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

How's the rise on them? tolerable?

3. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

My jeans before these were the Unbranded UB221s. So the rise on these is actually more comfortable to me..

4. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Thanks!

I tried a 33 slim, front rise was too short...ended up with a crotch bulge :brick:

Going for a straight fit now, just going to have to deal with less fitted lower bottom.

-D

5. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Just got my #76 Raw Umbers in the mail....hot damn these might be my new favorite pair of pants. Was afraid of what shoes to wear with them but they go with just about everything. Plus, they fit damn near perfect.

6. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

@EPrest90 Thats wonderful that the fit is perfect.. Any fit pictures?? I have that pair on order.

7. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get pictures. They're drying now after a hot soak to get any shrink out before I take them to my tailor on Monday. It was kind of a roundabout getting my size just right. I'm a 30W in Levi's, measured and went with 31W Slim on my first G jeans, the Natural, and were slightly big, and 31W Slim in a grab bag before I received my first pair, which ended up being the Sixteener, and due to the heavier weight, fit great. Since the Umber was a lighter weight, closer to the Natural, I downsized one to 30W Slim and hit the sweet spot. I have the 23s on order in 31W Slim, accounting for the extra weight and thicker fabric. Here's hoping they fit like the SIxteeners

8. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

The raw umbers are fantastic. I ended up backing the taupes b/c I got impatient waiting for them to come back around, but I've heard nothing but great things and the pics I've seen look awesome

9. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Zimbabwe hair shot + Reinforced my back pockets.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I also reinforced the other one...)

1 person likes this.
  10. chupas

chupas Senior member

Had a pair of year-worn American Heavys, a pair of Grey Silks (never worn), and a pair of Super Heavys (also never worn) sent to AB Fits for hems/repair.

USPS lost the package. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  11. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

@4characters The reinforcement stitch right above a bar tack, how much do you think that will help, has it in the past?

12. 4characters

I’ve had problems in the past with the back pockets causing holes on other jeans, but I’ve found that most really nice jeans (and all my Iron Heart jeans) have this particular detail that seems to greatly reduce friction and better distribute stress.

The problem:
    [​IMG]
    Think this will prevent the problem
    [​IMG]
    Iron Heart pockets (holding up very well, not a hint of the above issue):
    [​IMG]
    Gustin could add a tiny bit of reinforcement to increase durability like many of the Japanese brands do, but it’s also just an easy thing to do by hand.

13. JasonYeckel

@4characters Iron heart also has a rivet under that right? Did the first pair you posted have a rivet as well or was that just a bar tack like the Gustin. Wonder if just a cross section of bar tacks running off the edge would do it as well so then they could use production equipment to solve this vs hand details like above.

14. 4characters

The first pair had only a bar tack. Iron Heart usually has hidden rivets, but I do have a pair of IH superblacks with no hidden rivets, but they still have the same rear pocket stitching. I would assume that this is done by machine, actually I believe that the shop Gustin uses Is even geared up to do this particular detail.

15. maharu

maharu New Member

Hi!

I backed a pair of sixteeners, 32 slim. Question about sizing, my best fitting pairs all measure about 11,5 in the thigh. Measured from the crotch seam, any tighter would probably not fit. Measured pairs are Levis m&c shuttle in 30, and Edwin ed 80 in w32(way large in waist). Sizes are the tagged ones. Not very bothered by the waist anyway since i always wear a belt.

So if anyone with experience from slim fit w32, preferably heavier ones, could share their experiences that would be awesome!

My body makes it quite hard to find jeans that fits great both in the thighs and in the waist. My waist is small compared to the thighs, kinda muscular, and the butt too small to compensate :p

Sizing up or keeping the size? I live in Sweden so an exchange would not be the best option..

Thanks in advance

16. ricedaddy

ricedaddy Active Member

Has anyone ordered and recieved a pair of denim in the skinny cut? The measurements seem kind of extreme especially in the thigh, knee area.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  17. mistercitizen

mistercitizen Senior member

After about a week, I'm loving my Heavy Americans in 36 Straight. They are still a bit stiff, but they are getting softer by the day. The fit is perfect for me. I've probably wore them at least a little bit everyday since I got them. If I don't wear them during the day, I throw them on in the evening. They've molded to the shape of my body nicely and I just hang them on a hook when I'm not wearing them at night. Very comfortable and they look great. I'm glad I followed the sizing advice on Gustin's website. I normally wear 34 waist in Levi's and got the 36 waist in Gustins. Perfect fit IMO.

Ben

18. JasonYeckel

Ha thought of gustin bags when i saw this.

Explains the lack of leather dye, in the leather.....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  19. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

In case anyone hasn't gotten an email from Gustin, they're having their first fade contest with the $1,000 as the prize. The rules are as follows:

1) Purchase a pair of either the American Sixteener or Heavy American now
    2) Check-in four times over the next year with pictures of your fades
    3) On September 1, 2015 we'll choose the customer with the best fades, and give them a thousand dollars

Good luck to those that are participating!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  20. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

wonsmith, interesting thanks for sharing. May have to try even though i dont wear jeans as much as others, I may have to make an excuse to do so :)