1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

My response was to @mistercitizen . Why are you responding? [​IMG]

Riiiiiiiight, because it's so easy to detect sarcasm on the internet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. mistercitizen

mistercitizen Senior member

^^^ It's okay guys..... I get what barrelntrigger is saying. Just wear them and let them do their thing. For my first pair of selvedge raw denim, I got a fairly heavy and stiff pair. I read somewhere that soaking them right off the bat gets the starch out and I thought that would help with the stiffness...... but I didn't realize I was probably going a little overboard by rinsing them off with the shower head and letting the excess dye rinse away. I see clew's point in how that sort of defeats the point of raw denim..... or at least is a little contradictary to the point.

One thing about Gustin, raw or not...... the quality of construction is better than any other pair of jeans I've owned.

I'm done fussing and I'm just going to wear them..... just like you guys all say. Now let's quit fighting and somebody buy the pair of Iron Rangers I have for sale in the marketplace so I can back another couple pairs of Gustins!!

Ben

3. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

no worries mistercitizen - Fades are not the driving motivator for many of us and you still have plenty of opportunity to develop some. To clew's point, probably less chance of really high contrast fades than if you hadn't soaked/rinsed them, but it's not a big deal IMHO. I typically soak mine up front to avoid ruboff onto my tan leather car seats and my current pair are fading fine.

GREAT first pair of raws too

4. barrelntrigger

All good, Ben. But just know this washing your jeans a hand full of times or even rinsing them won't prematurely lighten your jeans or the fading won't be noticeable unless you've wash them hardcore for a few weeks to months, maybe.

5. clew

clew Active Member

Yeah...I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with it, just was wondering why as it's not something I see people doing

6. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Loving the new cone 101 WS & the Antigue Nep blue jeans

7. x1van510

x1van510 Member

@joshgustin

Any plans on making a heavier indigo workshirt? I like the approach of the Cone 101 shirt but I would really love something with a bit more weight (+14oz, like the Japan Black workshirt).

8. Dirty Denim

I know 14oz is great but i own an IH 12 oz (IHSH 33) & it wears like a jacket. It feels a lot heavier wearing 12 oz up top than when on ur legs

9. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'll keep an eye out for a good fabric option. Just haven't landed on quite the right fabric yet.

10. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

@joshgustin - thinking of a timeframe for that CPO? Or sweatshirt that was teased what seems like forever ago? Those WS are burning my cash. :)

11. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

CPO is next up. Lining up fabric now and doing one final sample we expect back next week. I want a CPO as much as you do. I haven't even stolen a sample yet for myself.

We're picking the knits back up shortly.

12. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

Really happy to hear that for both.

13. Dirty Denim

Have you seen any brown weft denim heavier than the 12-13oz range we've seen. Would love to see something made around 15-18 oz if possible. The warp could be dark like the persimmon or lighter like the blue neps. PLEEAASE!!!

14. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I'd like to see a blueXblack in the 15-18 oz range too.

15. barrelntrigger

Just curious, any plan on releasing some heavy selvedge raw western shirt with snap pearl buttons, Josh?

16. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

This is super late as I got the jeans about 2 months ago...but on the off chance - anyone have a size 30 or 31 Japan black/black they wanna size down on? I have a size 29 slim that's too tight in the seat for me. I could stretch the waist, but it'd still be too tight through the butt and hips.

17. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

18. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Couple pictures of The Heavyweights..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

^23oz of beautiful
    Thanks for sharing

20. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Thanks for sharing, excellent fit. Can I ask what fit/size they are?

-D