1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

...because I need to just sign my paychecks over to you guys apparently...I could actually use one of those though, so I shouldn't complain.

Separately....why is the Chore coat sized smaller than the Trucker/Shirting? I'd probably just have to size up in it since the Trucker/Shirts look fitted on me as is...

2. clew

clew Active Member

Long shot...anyone out there order the grey silks in a 33 straight want to swap for the 34 straight I ordered? Too late for me to change sizes via gustin.

3. flashback

flashback Senior member

I'm guessing this has probably been asked at some point, but I think it would be hard for me to search for.

I'm curious how often / fast you guys do subsequent runs of product after a successful campaign run has closed. For example, the campaign or whatever for the 'Heavyweight' jeans just ended, so how long will it be for another campaign for that product to go up? Does it depend on which model, so like the standard items are always running one after another, with the more limited / niche products only going up occasionally? Or does it depend on other factors? Any insights would be appreciated.

TIA

4. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Varies a lot. Sometimes we run a fabric once and never find it again. Some fabrics are more available and if we get requests we will try to offer them again. They Heavyweight is pretty rare, so unless we have a bit left now, it's probably in the unlikely to return camp. Definitely sign up to be notified for products you're interested. That's probably easiest way to keep tabs on all the campaigns. Thanks.

5. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Really like the Indigo slub chambray, saw the email, too late and now it's gone

But for sizing, the model is 5 10 , 150 lbs and wears a small? That's a really big small.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  6. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

Same here - my time zone meant I saw the email eight hours after it was sent. The indigo was all over by then.

I just managed to order the brown. I'm a bit unsure about the sizing, so ordered a Medium and a Large.

I couldn't see anywhere on the site where it mentioned the height and weight of the model.

7. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

Machine wash in hot water will get you good amount of shrinkage. Turn them inside out, use a mild detergent, and wash without a spin cycle to avoid strange creasing and color loss. Hang or lay flat to dry. It's totally ok to wash a pair of jeans like regular clothes, but the color will fade more than when soaking.

8. rollo

rollo Member

Any plans for wool fabrics for the Fall? Either pants or jackets?

9. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

If you guys have Instagram or Twitter, I'd suggest following them. Sometimes you get the updates quicker than email.

10. joshgustin

joshgustin Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We're a few samples in on a wool CPO so that will probably be our first wool garment. Hoping to get it out in September. We also just found some crazy wool selvedge denim but the price is almost double anything we've ever used, including the 23oz stuff. Are you interested in a wool chino or more denim style pant?

11. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I'm kicking myself for not hopping on this when it was up recently. Unfortunately, the next batch wont be done in time for me to enjoy this fall
    I guess I'll just cross my fingers that someone will want to sell a medium when the current batch goes out.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  12. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Wool chino would be a lot more attractive to me personally. Much more versatile when it comes to work/play. If we're talking about $200-300 for a pair of pants, I'd really need to get a lot of options out of them.

13. koge99

koge99 Member

How will you saw the pockets of the postal herringbone work shirt? If the pattern will be vertical,I'll buy it. I find odd the diagonal pattern you did on previous ones,I don't think it suits the low profile of the concept...

14. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

Hot soak should return the jeans to their original size. But if they stretched out before, they most likely will stretch again, unless you lost weight or changed physical activities.

15. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Senior member

Why i suggested the heat drying causes that weave to tighten up. I also said yeah if tension is not relieved it will stretch again, but this sounded like he just found the denim limit for him and he will have to hot soak around this time to keep the shaping like he likes.

On a side note a few guys finally are sounding like me thinking a survey post sale when you received your jeans would help Gustin gauge customer satisfaction more, any thoughts? I feel it should be published as well kinda like a verified buyer on amazon and be linked to the campaign they purchased from to correlate the data into runs.

16. ispace

ispace Senior member

Good news! Cody just confirmed that the pocket fabric on the postal blue herringbone workshirt will be parallel to the rest of the shirt, not slanted like their other striped workshirts.

I hope this is a permanent change! I agree they will look 100% better with understated pockets.

B.

17. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Just got my olive duffle bag today! It is sweet and you can tell it is made from good materials at first glance. Very substantial. I like it.

18. rollo

rollo Member

Thanks for the quick reply! A wool selvedge would be amazing, but not if it's so cost prohibitive. I was actually thinking something in the chino style with a nice tweed or textured wool fabric. I would buy that immediately.

19. koge99

koge99 Member

@ispaceThat's great! I really hope it will be a permanent change, but in case it isn't, the description should specify it. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the pockets... :p

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  20. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

Josh - any plans for a waxed canvas rucksack/backpack or Type II denim jacket?