1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. RohitSingh

RohitSingh Well-Known Member

2. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

That is pretty much it, except:

denim washed inside out.

And...

some of us wear them damp while in the break in phase, for a few hours, which seems to help mold the denim nicely. My Gustin Okayama were unwearable upon arrival! I could not button all the buttons. Within hours, it was fine, but the damp wear really made them feel as if tailored for me.

2 people like this.
  3. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Nah you just have to sign up/login to see the prices.

I had rainbow neps and loved the quirkiness and specks of color. Unfortunately I had to sell my pair due to fit.

4. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

A little off topic, but which manufacturer?

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

6. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

No way!
    Really?

7. 4characters

4characters Senior member

White’s boots was an amazing time capsule of old fashioned American businesses. White’s boots was recently acquired by ABC-Mart of Japan. ABC-Mart sells all sorts of shoes in many different countries, they also own Danner. Danner makes some boots that are ok, but I’m quite disappointed with the direction they have gone in recent years. Not to blow this out of proportion as White’s are still hand made in the USA, but It used to be that if I was asked what’s the best American company I know of I would answer "White’s boots!" without hesitation, but I can’t anymore say this as it’s not American owned anymore...

8. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

I got my Grey Slub Chambray shirt today. The campaign closed on 7/1/14, so the the turnaround time was really fast. I just wanted to comment on the fast turnaround and also say that I'm vey impressed with the shirt's quality. I tried it on and like the fit more or less. I will probably be having it taken in on the sides and possibly have the sleeves shortened. I'm used to having to take in the sides on even slimmer cut shirts though. I'll put it through a wash first to see if it shrinks at all. Should I expect shrinkage?
    The shirt looks great, I love the slubbiness. I've been looking for a shirt like it for a long time, so was really glad to find Gustin.

9. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

^^ Too sad, but such is the free market.

10. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Any update on a skinny fit chino or denim?

If no, understood. If yes, would there be more "room" in the rise area or am I just going to be slowly developing an infertility problem with a nice fade?

11. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Only if the water is really cold.

1 person likes this.
  12. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

They are back. I got a pair from the first run. The demin is quite nice. But I've only had them a few weeks and worn them 2-3 times. So no sick fadez yet. Sorry.

1 person likes this.
  13. RohitSingh

Thanks a lot !!! Let me check !!!

14. unjung

unjung Senior member

Why is Gustin buying cotton from and supporting a dictatorship like Zimbabwe?

15. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

Because they are business selling product that people want to do buy. They aren't a humanitarian non-profit.

16. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

To be fair, they aren't buying cotton from Zimbabwe. They are buying it from a Japanese mill that bought it from Zimbabwe. Like several other respected brands like Momo and IH. I know that's still not the point, but it is worth stating.

17. woodibly

woodibly Member

Gustin just blew up with the 4 shirts that I've been waiting for. It is a dark day for my wallet...

3 people like this.
  18. RohitSingh

Haha!! Just make your day :D

19. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior member

I just backed a pair of Heavy American, in 30 Straight, for my wife to have "boyfriend jeans" of her own. She currently steals our 12 year old's, 30 straight.

She has a 29 slim from Gustin that is fitted, but the 30 straight, with shrink in the dryer, has a comfy, loose fit for her.

I think that for $81, there is no better deal than 16.25 ounces of the Heavy American.

She is always cold, so even in summer, she will wear 16 oz.

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Got my royal gingham today and love the shirt. Unfortunately it's a bit too tight in the chest. Went with my J Crew shirt size and
    certainly seems I need to size up one.

I know some don't love the scoops but I wear all shorts untucked and love the fit of the shirt otherwise