Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Senior member

Choose your size to fit your thighs and calves. Pick straight or slim depending on which has the closest waist size. If the waist is too big, use a belt. Gustin's fit is more generous than most other raw denim, so you will likely get a better fit in Gustin than in other brands.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014

2. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

Bozz,

I have a pair in 33 Slim and I just measured the width 21" down (about where I'd figure the normal calves are near, unless you have a 26" inseam :D ). The measurement is 16", so I think you'd be out of luck on the Slim sizing. These jeans were washed once in cold water, but in the thigh and knee areas that only seems to shrink them maybe 1/2".

3. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

Josh,

First, thanks for going with a "chino" fit, and not just jeans made of chino material.

Second, I barely have my denim budget figured out and now I need to come up with a chino budget!!! Curse you and your fabric hunters!!! :lol:

Andy B.

4. bozz2006

bozz2006 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i definitely wouldn't fit into a 33. I currently have 35 slim selected. Might end up being a little loose in the waist, but that's alright. i always wear a belt. i'm hoping the area from ankle to knee isn't "painted on" tight. i'm used to having all my pants fit very close in that area. as long as it doesn't cut off my circulation i think 35 slim might be my best bet.

5. brentm

brentm Active Member

I can't believe the brown chore coat is only at 74% with 3 days left. I thought it would be funded by now. I want that coat so bad.

6. evolved

evolved Senior member

I agree, but buying a $150 jacket when going into the warm months may not be a top priority item.

7. brentm

brentm Active Member

I suppose that makes sense. I guess most people aren't like me. I look at it and go that's awesome, plus if I get it now I'll have it when it gets cold again.

Of course the way the temperature has fluctuated so far this year around here there may be some days this summer I can use it. Lol

8. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I want that coat in darker brown. Lined with one of their flannels!

But yes, wrong season.

9. Jack917

Jack917 Member

Size 37" is currently not offered by Gustin. Several members on their forum are campaigning today to try to convince Gustin to do it.
    Show some support by heading over to this link and liking or adding a comment:

http://instagram.com/p/mO5StymdD4/

10. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

What the others said, plus the fact that Gustin filled two campaigns of gray chores so people that really wanted the jacket probably jumped on those. I'm more surprised at how slow the denim trucker is progressing.

11. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

the dyed slate denim looks awesome, would be getting a pair for sure if I hadn't already mentally committed to backing the next natural campaign.

12. Marshal

Marshal Member

Does anyone have a fit pic of the natural in a slim cut, and/or does anyone know how the color of the natural compares to a pair of khaki chinos?

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

that dyed slate grey is pretty cool. Curious to see how it fades

14. bozz2006

bozz2006 Well-Known Member

khakis and chinos come in all kinds of hues. I'm guessing you checked out the fabric pics of the natural on their website, but just in case...

[​IMG]

15. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

That's what I'm interested in too. I guess it might depend on the dyeing process.