• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear SF guys,
I m French, so, please, excuse my poor English, i havent been practising for quite a while now.

I am having quite an issue with sizing and with the customer service of Gustin and thats why i am posting here.

To sum-up, I ordered on black friday the " japan mystery selevdge denim ", slim size 36, and received it a few weeks ago.
I knew that it was the good size cause i had ordered 2 previous jeans, a 36 and a 35 slim, and it appears that the 35 was a bit tight.

So tried my new jean, which looked really nice btw, and it appears to be way too big.
So i took measures of it and it was a 37,8 size when the size chart said 36 slim jeans were 36,5 big.

So i send pictures to the customer service (Matt) for a refund.
According to the fact the jean wasnt at the good size, i thought that Gustin would refund me the return fees.

It appears that Matt told me that they had looked at the jean and it was the good size, so they would not refund me the return fees.
But he didnt send pictures or any evidence.
So i asked 3 times to get photos and still have nothing.

What would you do in my case ?

PS : if i knew i would have to pay the return fees (40€), i wouldnt have asked for a refund.

Did you already send the jeans back? I'm not clear on this. I'm not sure how they would have evidence of the jeans being out of spec unless you sent them back and they measured it and found it to be within spec.

I have not had issues with them refunding me fees and my shipping, if I recall correctly, if an item was delivered out of spec.

Kwaker

Reaction score
I returned a CXL belt that was supposed to be colour 8 but looked entirely brown and had no hint of burgundy at all. They did not agree with me and so while they gave me credit for the item they did not credit the return shipping cost.

Consequently, I only buy their stuff from the secondary market when I can see actual pictures and measurements of the items.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I returned a CXL belt that was supposed to be colour 8 but looked entirely brown and had no hint of burgundy at all. They did not agree with me and so while they gave me credit for the item they did not credit the return shipping cost.

Consequently, I only buy their stuff from the secondary market when I can see actual pictures and measurements of the items.
You know what, I might have the same issue and was always wondering if my #8 belt is #8 or just brown. I kept it because I don't have another CXL belt, but would like one that looks more like #8.

It's possible we were part of the same campaign. I received my belt in December 2017.

I did return one in September 2017 because the size was too big though and I paid for shipping back IIRC.

Last edited:

kheldar

Reaction score
Gustin customer service finally agreed to refund a part of the return fees.
Quite strange after a week of refusal with one message a day ...

Kwaker

Reaction score
You know what, I might have the same issue and was always wondering if my #8 belt is #8 or just brown. I kept it because I don't have another CXL belt, but would like one that looks more like #8.

It's possible we were part of the same campaign. I received my belt in December 2017.

I did return one in September 2017 because the size was too big though and I paid for shipping back IIRC.

The #8 belt that I returned had the lining. I’ve since picked-up the new version of the #8 that is much thicker than the original. This one has no lining and is clearly more burgundy than brown.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The #8 belt that I returned had the lining. I’ve since picked-up the new version of the #8 that is much thicker than the original. This one has no lining and is clearly more burgundy than brown.
Hrm neither of the CXL belts I was sent have a lining. Still unclear on whether mine is brown or burgundy. I can snap a pic next to my #8 CXL boots when I get a chance.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up these #99 Japan Blackxblack off of eBay. They were unworn and listed poorly. I got them for a really good price.

C21D3EDC-EEF2-4EBC-9256-B95A4FE333B8.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ordered a few stock items from Gustin, which are always shipped quickly.
A few months ago, I ordered a pair from one of the campaigns that said “March/April.” And a week ago, the status said that they’d start sending the order to fulfillment this week. A week has gone by, and it still shows the same status. What’s the normal wait at this point? Another two weeks?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stupidly listened to the internet and thought I could live with the 10" rise. If anyone wants a pair of 34 slim of the recent #159 olive denim I'm taking offers or a trade for 33 straight or 34 straight. I really wanted these, so hopefully someone's in the opposite position as me!

TheRiblet

Reaction score
I have ordered a few stock items from Gustin, which are always shipped quickly.
A few months ago, I ordered a pair from one of the campaigns that said “March/April.” And a week ago, the status said that they’d start sending the order to fulfillment this week. A week has gone by, and it still shows the same status. What’s the normal wait at this point? Another two weeks?

Ordering from the campaigns is like the old Mitch Hedberg joke about baked potatoes. They take so long to cook that you should just throw one in the oven every now and then, even if you aren't hungry, and by the time it's ready, who knows.

You are better off backing the campaign and then forgetting about it. Then someday in the future, stuff shows up. You are going to drive yourself nuts if you are trying to hold them accountable to any kind of deadlines.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordering from the campaigns is like the old Mitch Hedberg joke about baked potatoes. They take so long to cook that you should just throw one in the oven every now and then, even if you aren't hungry, and by the time it's ready, who knows.

You are better off backing the campaign and then forgetting about it. Then someday in the future, stuff shows up. You are going to drive yourself nuts if you are trying to hold them accountable to any kind of deadlines.
That's the way I approach my orders from here, Spier & Mackay, and Luxire.

Edit: Mass Drop as well.

Last edited:

Coffandcig

Reaction score
I stupidly listened to the internet and thought I could live with the 10" rise. If anyone wants a pair of 34 slim of the recent #159 olive denim I'm taking offers or a trade for 33 straight or 34 straight. I really wanted these, so hopefully someone's in the opposite position as me!
Amen. Gustin's slim cuts on all their clothes are made for super skinny dudes with almost no muscle definition. I can only wear their straight cut pants, which actually is a great fit for my body type. Their shirts and jackets are completely unwearable for me.

TheRiblet

Reaction score
I’ve posted some things in the past about my difficulties buying jeans from Gustin and after my most recent purchase, I’m thinking a good deal of that may have been a result of user-error. My first pair of jeans from Gustin were unsanforized. I had never purchased any unsanforized jeans before, so in hindsight ordering them from a crowdsourcing site, when I didn’t know what I was doing probably wasn’t a good idea. I got caught up in the measurements and was a bit disappointed when I got them because they were really tight even though I sized up a size. I was determined to break them in and I keep wearing them regularly to this day even if it takes the skin off my knuckles to get anything out of my pockets. Not giving up on them because they wouldn’t give up on me. :) Still convinced that one day they will be extremely comfortable and it will have all been worth it. Based on my experience the first go around, next time I bought jeans from them I sized up 2 sizes on a pair of sanforized jeans. They were too loose. Finally I ordered some of the cone stretch in my normal size and they fit great. I don’t need to have them taken in on the inseam or anything.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my Zimbabwe 18s. e been These have been thorugh the washer a few times.

A couple fit pictures of the same jeans.

@mogili222 may I ask where you bought that jacket? It's great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads