• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Hey, I have also just come across Gustin, I’m interesting in the 1968 Jean they do (ready to ship) jsut wondering if anyone’s had them shipped to the UK?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa.
Nothing in over a week?

I was wondering if Gustin does anything like a Black Friday sale.
Or do they ever have any sort of sales?

andy b.

Reaction score
They usually have sales around the more common US holidays. They have always had a Black Friday sale in the past.

Whoa.
Nothing in over a week?

I was wondering if Gustin does anything like a Black Friday sale.
Or do they ever have any sort of sales?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, there’s a “Mystery Denim” up as a Black Friday sale. $59

TheRiblet

Reaction score
I just received the lightweight hoodies that I backed in August or September and they are the first thing that I have purchased from Gustin that fit great out of the box. It is pretty warm here year round, so these things are going to be perfect on cooler days or at night. I'm usually a Medium, reluctantly took their advice to go with the Small on this one and they fit great.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the lightweight hoodies that I backed in August or September and they are the first thing that I have purchased from Gustin that fit great out of the box. It is pretty warm here year round, so these things are going to be perfect on cooler days or at night. I'm usually a Medium, reluctantly took their advice to go with the Small on this one and they fit great.
Ugh, I don't remember seeing the wording about ordering smaller for this. I backed the most recent drop and went with my usual size. I am going to be using this as a sun hoodie so maybe a little oversize won't be too bad. We'll see...

Just checked the listing again and it doesn't seem to recommend ordering smaller. I am going to email them to ask.

pima1234

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Gustin Illini Latigo belts? While I own a number of Gustin belts, I don't have these. I will say that I absolutely love the Oak Street Bootmakers CXL belts, if anyone here has them. I missed out on their Dublin belt... But, I like my Gustin one, so that's okay.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing on this seems very odd. I contacted them after your post and they recommended I size up on it, so while I usually wear medium in their shirts, I was recommended to order large. The shirt came in and after a wash seems like a good fit for warmer months, read loose. I don't think I could go smaller.

Pics of the Eucalyptus Superlight slub Hoody
View media item 2294928
View media item 2294927

TheRiblet

Reaction score
The sizing on this seems very odd. I contacted them after your post and they recommended I size up on it, so while I usually wear medium in their shirts, I was recommended to order large. The shirt came in and after a wash seems like a good fit for warmer months, read loose. I don't think I could go smaller.

Pics of the Eucalyptus Superlight slub Hoody
View media item 2294928
View media item 2294927

Looks good. That is bizarre about the sizing. What size suit jacket do you wear?

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the first of my two black Friday mystery denim jeans in. Of course, they didn't tag them with the fabric number, so no idea what they are... Would have been nice to know for future reference... Oh well.

kheldar

Reaction score
Dear SF guys,
I m French, so, please, excuse my poor English, i havent been practising for quite a while now.

I am having quite an issue with sizing and with the customer service of Gustin and thats why i am posting here.

To sum-up, I ordered on black friday the " japan mystery selevdge denim ", slim size 36, and received it a few weeks ago.
I knew that it was the good size cause i had ordered 2 previous jeans, a 36 and a 35 slim, and it appears that the 35 was a bit tight.

So tried my new jean, which looked really nice btw, and it appears to be way too big.
So i took measures of it and it was a 37,8 size when the size chart said 36 slim jeans were 36,5 big.

So i send pictures to the customer service (Matt) for a refund.
According to the fact the jean wasnt at the good size, i thought that Gustin would refund me the return fees.

It appears that Matt told me that they had looked at the jean and it was the good size, so they would not refund me the return fees.
But he didnt send pictures or any evidence.
So i asked 3 times to get photos and still have nothing.

What would you do in my case ?

PS : if i knew i would have to pay the return fees (40€), i wouldnt have asked for a refund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads