1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Churchill W, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

18oz Japan. I’m also wearing a Gustin T-shirt, belt and socks.

FCB3DB30-2939-4C92-88FA-079FA1456B21.jpeg

2. Blastwice

Blastwice Senior Member

Like the colors on that flannel.

3. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

It’s a Patagonia Fjord shirt from a few years ago. Sadly, the sleeves shrunk in length, making it nearly unwearable.

4. Stinson

Stinson Senior Member

Any experience with the field jacket? I am interested in ordering one.

5. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

I understand the impulse to condense three sizes into one, but this new sizing seems really odd. The XS and S patterns, for instance, added 1.25" in the shoulders. If a shirt drapes oddly in the shoulders, it kills the entire look. This makes me very hesitant to order any shirting from them.

6. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I need a true “tall” size due to my arm length, so I’m not able to buy their shirts or jackets either.

I don’t get it. They make their jeans and chinos long enough that taller people can buy them. If you’re attracting taller people to your brand, why wouldn’t you offer them other products like shirts and jackets that fit?

7. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I’m hesitant to buy any shirts from them because I have never encountered one that matched the measurements listed on the website.

I don’t understand how QC is so much more consistent for pants than for shirts.

8. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hear ya. Little of their operations make sense to me, actually, but I think they have an excellent eye for fabrics and a sensible approach to design that yields items I can easily imagine in my clothing lineup. But the end product, more often than not, has been disappointing.

9. pima1234

pima1234 Senior Member

Yes, I'm with you. I can't purchase any more Gustin button shirts. Too inconsistent, but shirt alterations can really add up.

10. TheRiblet

TheRiblet Well-Known Member

Due to a lot of people having similar problems finding their correct size, if you can get your size figured out with their stuff, there is a ton of it on eBay that has hardly been worn, you can get it quickly, and it is less than half the price of backing them.

11. pima1234

pima1234 Senior Member

Exactly. And this should be a red flag for the owners. People will eventually get tired of the guessing game and no refund policy. It's unfortunate, because there is much to love otherwise.

12. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

They offer returns on regular production (non grab bag stuff). It still sucks to wait three months for something that doesn’t fit.

13. pima1234

pima1234 Senior Member

Right. That is inconvenient, to say the least. And, I have returned for store credit some items I've backed. However, credit is not always the preferred solution.

14. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I’ve returned stuff for a full refund that was inaccurately sized. Maybe it depends on the reason for the return, but they’ve been willing to work with me.

15. pima1234

pima1234 Senior Member

Cool. I am glad to hear that. The "Nordstrom" policy is best for keeping customers happy.