• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gustin Appreciation Thread

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gustin has some amazing shirts, but I can't get into them :( 18.5" neck, 50" chest, it ain't happening lol (and I've tried a few times)..

On the plus side, got my persimmons a few weeks ago, they're pretty groovy! I think I prefer the Persimmon Indigo I got the chinos in a few years ago better, but they're fine. They cancelled both the pink chambray and red linen campaigns and that was disheartening. Sigh.

Only 3 pair left in queue, all in production. Finally. I wish it got cold enough here in SoCal to warrant those big wools.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally. I wish it got cold enough here in SoCal to warrant those big wools.
I'm spared from the heavy wools (and heavy moleskin) since you normally have to go up one or two sizes and I'm already ordering 40's. The do look nice and would be great on winter day's here in the northeast.

andy b.

Reaction score
Finally got all my Gustin pairs hemmed and wore my olive yesterday. After taken a pic I realized it needed a iron before I could post (I had washed them and air dried before hemming).

Wearing these today.
View attachment 1846569
How do you like them? I almost bought a pair because they don't really look like jeans.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like them? I almost bought a pair because they don't really look like jeans.
I sort of bought these on a whim but I like them, very interesting texture and doesn't give off a traditional jeans vibe.

I may pick up some other offerings like this in the future.

RobotUser63

Reaction score
PXL_20221021_155652966.jpg

PXL_20221021_155804727.jpg

Anyone else a fan of Gustin's work shirts? Been wearing the Japan Black heavy as a shirt jacket for about two years, and it's fading nicely. Thinking of picking up the cone mills work shirt for days I'm wearing black jeans or khakis. I'm not quite cool enough to pull off the Johnny Cash look lol.

andy b.

Reaction score
I have a few of their workshirts. They fit me well and Gustin finds some interesting material to make them out of. I don't have any here with me to take a photo, but I have the Monster Natural that I wore as an actual workshirt, and it has a million stains on it. LOL
The Japan Heavy Moleskin is heavier than most jean jackets. It's a cool fabric.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my first foray into selvedge today receiving my super heavy slub 18oz. I like em. (stock photo)
1668293096611.png

andy b.

Reaction score
Made my first foray into selvedge today receiving my super heavy slub 18oz. I like em. (stock photo)
View attachment 1855641
I have a pair of them. It seems people either love or hate the "stripes" from the heavy slub yarn. I like how it looks. They are one of my favorite pairs from Gustin.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of them. It seems people either love or hate the "stripes" from the heavy slub yarn. I like how it looks. They are one of my favorite pairs from Gustin.
Been wearing mine a lot the last couple weeks. Love ‘em

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andini88