• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gustin Appreciation Thread

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the Italian basket weave trousers in...
I'm a normal 31, so I thought I'd be more than safe with their 32.
TIGHT. I'm going to dip the waist in water, put them on, do some power squats and hope for the best.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The factory these came out of sewed up EVERYTHING about a half size too small. I've now gotten 5 pairs from this last batch and they're all a bit too snug. Also notice that: they used the wrong colored patch, only 3 buttons in the button fly vs. 4, and the double belt loop across the back seam instead of the usual 1. I got an RMA number for 3 of mine but decided to eff it, I'll just keep them as I'm also losing weight to prep for an upcoming surgery. FTR, I got the basketweave, umber, and a linen? Also the sulphur black and the grandrelle (with a couple more in production). I haven't bought any pants in awhile and was looking to vary up the game a little. Maybe I went overboard.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side note: Almost backed the joggers but my gf gave me a hard no. :( On the other hand, I just realized that joggers (other than the drawstring waist) are basically the same silhouette we had back in high school with our tight rolled jeans. So I'm bringing back tight rolls. When the trend is fully passed, I can just not tight roll them and the pants are just fine. :D

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the basketweave you guys are referring to this one:

I took receipt of the #92 Monster Sashiko Dobby 5-pocket and the Twisted Yarn Fleece Sweatpants, but haven't had a chance to measure or take pics yet. The sashiko feels a little slimmer and might be too slim if hot washed. The sweatpants feel a little big. I think I missed they were a poly blend, so unlikely to shrink as much as cotton in the wash. Haven't had a chance to wear the latter yet, as it's still been pretty warm here. Today it's 90 F.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.