• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gustin Appreciation Thread

Pluripotent

Reaction score
I have a lot of their stuff. They make some good outerwear, too. I have two waxed truckers. Used to wear a size L, but have also been lifting quite a bit (Barbell Logic!) and ended up replacing them with the XL. So finally getting around to putting the Large ones on ebay. Very gently worn.

Right now I have the Olive Waxed Trucker on ebay. Eventually I will get around to putting my oxblood waxed lined trucker up. Both are lightly used.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Loomstate jeans? I sized up 1 size for the Cone Unsanforized, even though Gustin recommended sizing up 3 sizes, and they were really tight at first. The break-in was rough but now I probably wear them more than any other pair of jeans I have. With the exception of it being tough to get much in the pockets, they fit great. I was thinking about sizing up two sizes for the Loomstate
I have a pair listed at 37 but measured closer to 36. I wear a 33/34 in Gustin depending on my weight gain. The loomstate is my favorite pair of denim and picked up a second pair. Shrink to fit is perfect for these.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was planning to pick-up a new pair of black jeans this winter, but that selvedge sateen released this morning is intriguing.

Luellwitz

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of their CPO shirts? Does the arm pocket look easy to remove?

Pluripotent

Reaction score
One more Gustin jacket up for sale. Last one from me. Large Waxed Oxblood Lined Trucker. I really like this jacket, but this is the wrong size for me. It's a great color and makes any fall outfit pop. I have the XL and it has been worn a lot more than this one. This is like new, very lightly used.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that fabric is great but that arm pocket is hideous.
I've been staring at it all morning.
Although I'd vastly prefer it without, the sleeve pocket when zoomed in seems small, I'm guessing irl it'll be less noticeable.
The fabric is so cool I may not be able to resist at that price point...

andy b.

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of their CPO shirts? Does the arm pocket look easy to remove?
I have one of the grey wool CPO shirts. I don't have it with me, but if I recall the pocket is just sewn on. It isn't cut into the sleeve in any manner. I haven't tried to remove it.

But I have a few Gustin shirts in wool and heavy flannel that came with two chest pockets. I can't stand how the two pockets look so I always remove the right side pocket. You have to take your time and only cut the thread, not the shirt. After wearing the shirts two or three times you can't even tell a second pocket was ever there.

Pluripotent

Reaction score
I've been staring at it all morning.
Although I'd vastly prefer it without, the sleeve pocket when zoomed in seems small, I'm guessing irl it'll be less noticeable.
The fabric is so cool I may not be able to resist at that price point...
I already backed it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami