• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gurkha Trousers

Summerstile-1

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm looking for a pair of tapered Gurkha trousers preferably under 100 euros. Does anyone know brands to get them from and any tips for the right fit as I've never had Gurkhas before?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm looking for a pair of tapered Gurkha trousers preferably under 100 euros. Does anyone know brands to get them from and any tips for the right fit as I've never had Gurkhas before?

True Ghurka trousers aren’t going to be tapered. I’m not sure where you can find them in Europe. I know RL had some as you’ve described but not sure if you can find them at that price point.

Summerstile-1

Reaction score
True Ghurka trousers aren’t going to be tapered. I’m not sure where you can find them in Europe. I know RL had some as you’ve described but not sure if you can find them at that price point.
Screenshot_20210517_181214.jpg

Tapered like this one. I'm not a fan of the baggy ones and i like it a bit more dynamic.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
There are plenty of cheaper options, Suitsupply MTO, Lopez Aragorn, Luxire, Yeossal to name a few. Btw, by cheap I mean between 130 - 200 range. Asking for anything under 100 means you either have to go for something like H&M or Zara, or second-hand, trifted. You are not getting anything new at a decent quality level recommend on this forum for that cheap a price.

TomTom

Reaction score
I would look at Benevento..they have some gurkhas that are very tapered.

Fexxi

Reaction score
Check out this shop. They're <€100. Never bought anything there though so can't say anything about quality.

Summerstile-1

Reaction score
Check out this shop. They're <€100. Never bought anything there though so can't say anything about quality.
Yeah that's the place i was going to buy from. Yesterday i found it, decided to do some more research about the brand and order today. The one i was about to buy is now out of stock ? I guess I'll have to wait.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score

I could say that I stand corrected, but then I don't consider trousers mostly made out of polyester and other synthetics much in terms of quality. OP might not care though, so good tip either way.

Summerstile-1

Reaction score
I could say that I stand corrected, but then I don't consider trousers mostly made out of polyester and other synthetics much in terms of quality. OP might not care though, so good tip either way.
I like fairly light weight fabrics. Especially now that summer is coming up. personally wool and flannel trousers are always so warm. I use wool trousers but flannel, no. Only when it's freezing.

Summerstile-1

Reaction score
I think military elements like Gurkha waistband doesn't mixed well with tailoring things like cuffs and slim fit, it makes you looks like too #menswear.
I personally like tapered fits more and it makes me feel so confident and comfortable. It's all about personal taste?? I appreciate your opinion and you're most likely right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads