• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
It comes out in less than a week, are you going to buy it? Are you excited? Have you listened to the leak? etc.

Discuss.

For me, I was a huge GNR fan growing up as an 80's baby (I was only 2 when they formed). 80's rock was all I listened to because my dad and my uncles blasted it in the house all day. Not until I was old enough to choose my own music did I migrated over to hip-hop. I'm excited that this album is finally going to be released but I'm sure it will disappoint, there's just too much hype. Plus, without the original band members, I don't see how it will ever live up to what GNR was. Despite all that, this might be the first album I will buy in years.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I caught a bootleg of a GnR performance - mostly older stuff but it included the Chinese Democracy title track. Axl's voice was at its worst (and pushed way towards the front), and the song...sucked.

Re-writes and studio magic may make it all better (See: Milli Vanilli), but I won't be dropping any ducats on this one. Axl Rose is NOT Brain Wilson no matter how many meds he takes.

ETA: I feel similarly about the upcoming Led Zep 'reunion' tour, and I worshipped (WORSHIPPED I TELL YOU!) the Zep.

jurrigggg

Reaction score
I was excited five years ago. Now, not at all. The recurring delays have completely hosed down my flame of excitement.

In addition, I'm still grieving over Scott Weiland's departure from Velvet Revolver. The last thing I want to hear is Axl's voice.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard most of the songs and I'm shocked to say that most of the album is simply amazing for its genre. Head and shoulders above anything commerically posing as rock. Twists and turns abound with influences from classic Queen to be sure.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean we all get a free Dr. Pepper?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the Led Zep reunion tour was off. Plant doesn't want to be involved, too wrapped up in his own projects.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If this actually comes out, I will be so bummed. I thought the name and the running joke were absolutely brilliant (i.e. Chinese Democracy will never happen) but if it does come out then it wasn't really a running joke at all.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It still ain't GNF'nR without Slash, Duff and Izzy.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just listened to some of the leaks and I really hope they aren't real. It's Axl "singing" but the rest sounds like serious crap.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I just listened to some of the leaks and I really hope they aren't real. It's Axl "singing" but the rest sounds like serious crap.

Does that mean I can have your Dr. Pepper?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
I thought the Led Zep reunion tour was off. Plant doesn't want to be involved, too wrapped up in his own projects.

According to Rolling Stone, they are auditioning with new lead singers to hit the road with. Allegedly, one of them was Steven Tyler, but the rest of the band voted him off Zep island. That dude from Alter Bridge may be the front runner (WTF?)..

They would not be touring as LZ of course, but playing all the songs.

Very, very bad. But apparently Robert Plant is not interested.

Hey, if it worked for Journey..

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
It comes out in less than a week, are you going to buy it? Are you excited? Have you listened to the leak? etc.

Discuss.

For me, I was a huge GNR fan growing up as an 80's baby (I was only 2 when they formed). 80's rock was all I listened to because my dad and my uncles blasted it in the house all day. Not until I was old enough to choose my own music did I migrated over to hip-hop. I'm excited that this album is finally going to be released but I'm sure it will disappoint, there's just too much hype. Plus, without the original band members, I don't see how it will ever live up to what GNR was. Despite all that, this might be the first album I will buy in years.

GNR as nostalgia/oldies music!
confused.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
GNR as nostalgia/oldies music!
confused.gif

Axl is the only one lumbering along under the original name. The rest are doing their own thing. BTW - Izzy was a big surprise for me with 117 degrees. I still love that album.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

You try playing guitar with a bucket on your head.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean we all get a free Dr. Pepper?

I'd heard that too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads