• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I heard a rumor today that Beretta USA are in the final stages of development of a pocket-size 6rd polymer .380 (like the Keltec, Ruger, Taurus, new S&W, etc.).

Makes sense as this is a big market opening up since the P3AT came out, but aside from the Beretta badging I don't know what will make this one any different or better. Has anyone else heard about this?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I still like the Seecamp the best of those tiny guns, but then I hate, positively hate, plastic guns!

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
I heard a rumor today that Beretta USA are in the final stages of development of a pocket-size 6rd polymer .380 (like the Keltec, Ruger, Taurus, new S&W, etc.).

Makes sense as this is a big market opening up since the P3AT came out, but aside from the Beretta badging I don't know what will make this one any different or better. Has anyone else heard about this?

That might be interesting. I remember reading in another thread about the possiblity of them developing a small sub compact (smaller than the PX4 SC), that was supposed to utilize a single stack magazine for a thin profile. I initially chalked it up as a mere rumor, but it'll be interesting to see how they do a pocket .380 (though I'm sure price won't be anywhere near as comfortable as a Ruger or Keltec). In the past I flirted with the idea of picking up a Beretta Cheetah, but the desire was not enough to overcome the price.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to try shooting the Sig P238 HD. The steel frame should provide a bit of recoil damping, and the trigger is bound to be better than the various DA models.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RhodesianScout.jpg

GreysScoutsRhodesia1970_2.jpg

image024.jpg

Pretty sure you can't hit **** like that, but it still looks badass.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
That might be interesting. I remember reading in another thread about the possiblity of them developing a small sub compact (smaller than the PX4 SC), that was supposed to utilize a single stack magazine for a thin profile. I initially chalked it up as a mere rumor, but it'll be interesting to see how they do a pocket .380 (though I'm sure price won't be anywhere near as comfortable as a Ruger or Keltec). In the past I flirted with the idea of picking up a Beretta Cheetah, but the desire was not enough to overcome the price.

Well, my dream would be for a Chetah-sized alloy-framed pocket pistol that uses 84 or 84 magazines .... but I won't hold my breath on that.
laugh.gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Biggest PITA was launching the little springs and detents across the room, losing them, and having to wait a week to get a replacement part that only cost like $.50
facepalm.gif

PING!
plain.gif

Let's hope I can find that little bugger tonight.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
UPDATE: I now have a complete, assembled M16A1 clone.
bounce2.gif

I went with a 1:7 twist barrel for convenience.

I plan to test-fire it next weekend to make sure all is well, before stripping it down again so I can strip the anodizing from the lower receiver and refinish both upper and lower with Aluma-Hyde dark grey parkarize finish.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local dealer had M&P15 MOEs on sale for under a grand, plus the $100 S&W rebate. Couldn't resist, and I figure I'll shoot this until I need something bigger better stronger faster etc..

Grabbed a couple of pictures while I was taking pics of a couple I'm going to sell (CZ VZ58 Military, pre-lawsuit GSG-5), along with my Sig 522 (that now has the Aimpoint clone I had on the GSG-5).

EDIT: oops, I made them private so they wouldn't show up on my Flickr stream. Um, imagine a Flat Dark Earth M&P15 MOE and black Sig 522 here.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
I respect the practicality of Magpul stuff, but for some reason their aesthetic is just a little too clean for my taste.

Aaargh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
I respect the practicality of Magpul stuff, but for some reason their aesthetic is just a little too clean for my taste.

That's why I like it. Futuristic and industrial = my taste when it comes to gunzz

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Handling it, I can tell that on my next AR I'm going to want a midlength gas system and 12" rail. Support arm feels very cramped on the carbine length MOE handguard.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man

Just get the parts in black. CTR, MIAD, Pmags and maybe rail covers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads