Gun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Aug 10, 2007.

1. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I heard a rumor today that Beretta USA are in the final stages of development of a pocket-size 6rd polymer .380 (like the Keltec, Ruger, Taurus, new S&W, etc.).

Makes sense as this is a big market opening up since the P3AT came out, but aside from the Beretta badging I don't know what will make this one any different or better. Has anyone else heard about this?

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

^I still like the Seecamp the best of those tiny guns, but then I hate, positively hate, plastic guns!

3. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

I heard a rumor today that Beretta USA are in the final stages of development of a pocket-size 6rd polymer .380 (like the Keltec, Ruger, Taurus, new S&W, etc.).

Makes sense as this is a big market opening up since the P3AT came out, but aside from the Beretta badging I don't know what will make this one any different or better. Has anyone else heard about this?

That might be interesting. I remember reading in another thread about the possiblity of them developing a small sub compact (smaller than the PX4 SC), that was supposed to utilize a single stack magazine for a thin profile. I initially chalked it up as a mere rumor, but it'll be interesting to see how they do a pocket .380 (though I'm sure price won't be anywhere near as comfortable as a Ruger or Keltec). In the past I flirted with the idea of picking up a Beretta Cheetah, but the desire was not enough to overcome the price.

4. milosz

milosz Senior member

I'd like to try shooting the Sig P238 HD. The steel frame should provide a bit of recoil damping, and the trigger is bound to be better than the various DA models.

5. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty sure you can't hit shit like that, but it still looks badass.

6. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

That might be interesting. I remember reading in another thread about the possiblity of them developing a small sub compact (smaller than the PX4 SC), that was supposed to utilize a single stack magazine for a thin profile. I initially chalked it up as a mere rumor, but it'll be interesting to see how they do a pocket .380 (though I'm sure price won't be anywhere near as comfortable as a Ruger or Keltec). In the past I flirted with the idea of picking up a Beretta Cheetah, but the desire was not enough to overcome the price.

Well, my dream would be for a Chetah-sized alloy-framed pocket pistol that uses 84 or 84 magazines .... but I won't hold my breath on that. [​IMG]

7. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Biggest PITA was launching the little springs and detents across the room, losing them, and having to wait a week to get a replacement part that only cost like $.50 [​IMG]

PING! [​IMG]

Let's hope I can find that little bugger tonight.

8. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

UPDATE: I now have a complete, assembled M16A1 clone. [​IMG]

I went with a 1:7 twist barrel for convenience.

I plan to test-fire it next weekend to make sure all is well, before stripping it down again so I can strip the anodizing from the lower receiver and refinish both upper and lower with Aluma-Hyde dark grey parkarize finish.

9. milosz

milosz Senior member

Local dealer had M&P15 MOEs on sale for under a grand, plus the $100 S&W rebate. Couldn't resist, and I figure I'll shoot this until I need something bigger better stronger faster etc..

Grabbed a couple of pictures while I was taking pics of a couple I'm going to sell (CZ VZ58 Military, pre-lawsuit GSG-5), along with my Sig 522 (that now has the Aimpoint clone I had on the GSG-5).

EDIT: oops, I made them private so they wouldn't show up on my Flickr stream. Um, imagine a Flat Dark Earth M&P15 MOE and black Sig 522 here.

10. Aaargh

Aaargh Member

Beautiful, makes me wish I lived in America.

11. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Senior member

I respect the practicality of Magpul stuff, but for some reason their aesthetic is just a little too clean for my taste.

12. Aaargh

Aaargh Member

I respect the practicality of Magpul stuff, but for some reason their aesthetic is just a little too clean for my taste.

That's why I like it. Futuristic and industrial = my taste when it comes to gunzz

13. milosz

milosz Senior member

Handling it, I can tell that on my next AR I'm going to want a midlength gas system and 12" rail. Support arm feels very cramped on the carbine length MOE handguard.

14. word

word Senior member

Just get the parts in black. CTR, MIAD, Pmags and maybe rail covers.

15. JustinW

JustinW Senior member