Gun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Aug 10, 2007.

1. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I'm an AR noob, but have done a few HK/CETME builds.
    Waaaaaaaaaay easier than any other build. Welcome to the dark side. It's a very flexible platform. It didn't even really come into it's own until the last decade or so.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

thanks to this thread i called up my dad and set a day at the shooting range.

he's always been into guns, and taught me how to shoot as a child. but i never got into it.

i guess one of his nice guns in his collection is a sig P210. i remember him being so excited finding one back in 1988. i'll ask him to bring it. i'll take pics if he does.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

i guess one of his nice guns in his collection is a sig P210. i remember him being so excited finding one back in 1988. i'll ask him to bring it. i'll take pics if he does.
    They are stunning.

4. word

word Senior member

I have done this (well, not with a '70s Colt A1). It is fun, doesn't take that long, and you learn a lot. Great confidence builder, from that point on, when you took a box of parts and made a gun out of them.

Makes me wish I did more than just buy an upper and lower and slap them together. Next time I suppose.

5. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

one day we have to compare notes about training people in "developing countries " to kill each other.

Sounds fun - I'll have some cold beer at the ready, next time you're in town. Though I think your notebook will be much larger than mine.

6. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer Senior member

thanks to this thread i called up my dad and set a day at the shooting range.

Excellent to hear! My father and I became rather estranged a couple of years ago for various reasons. But I swallowed my pride, called him up and set and set a date to shoot. For two guys that do not share feelings, blowing through a couple hundred 9mm shells managed to fix things. Hope all goes well, happy shooting!

7. milosz

milosz Senior member

I've been helping my dad work on his collection - selling here, buying there, etc. - so he bought me a new M&P9 this weekend. Trigger is a vast improvement over my early model - crisp rather than spongy, not the strongest reset in the world but better.

Still going to send it to Apex Tactical for their parts installation and have them switch out the sights to Warren Tacticals.

It's not the stickiest gun in the hand, I'd like to send it to Boresight Solutions to get grip stippling done, but it sounds like he's running a three-month backlog.
    http://boresightsolutions.com/index....ml=1&Itemid=62

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

Sorry, my bad. Must have been Ace that got the AUG clone.

Yeah, that was me. I still haven't fired the @#$#@ thing yet. No time to get to the range. [​IMG]

9. cahlersmeyer

Yesterday, on a random trip to the local Dunhams sporting goods store, I got a chance to get my hands on the GSG-5.
    [​IMG]
    It felt good in the hands, a very nice slide motion, a very firm magazine clasp and a crisp trigger pull. I've decided I'm going trade in my Walther P-22 and buying one. I plan on SBR-ing it, putting on a good red dot sight and perhaps a vert. grip. (See below) Seems like a very fun gun to take out plinking, and you can't beat the ammo price!
    [​IMG]

10. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

11. cahlersmeyer

12. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

The settlement was that they wouldn't sell it under that moniker anymore, its officially called the GSG-522 now, new grips, stocks, everything has been reworked.

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index....mid=79&lang=en

Lucky us!

[​IMG]

It's been de-HK'ed! Sorry, but that is awful. [​IMG]

13. cahlersmeyer

[​IMG]

It's been de-HK'ed! Sorry, but that is awful. [​IMG]

Agreed! But its still more fun than ANY 10/22!

14. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Agreed! But its still more fun than ANY 10/22!

You can do some crazy stuff with the 10/22 platform.

Have you looked at the SIg 522? I have yet to inspect one, but they are getting rave reviews!

15. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member