Gun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Aug 10, 2007.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I forget, living far from CA, can you get vintage (but, I certainly do not mean 'antique') handguns from out-of-state? I was once responsible for a 8-3/8" Model 53 Smith leaving CA, and I wondered if I'd pulled one out of an ever-shrinking pool...

~ H

If it is classified as a Curio & Relic, maybe. I am currently trying to get a definitive answer on that - one local FFL says yes, and another no. If it is not C&R, then you can only buy them locally via private party transfer, FFL's can't even sell them.

2. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer Senior member

[​IMG]
    maybe i'm late jumping on this wagon, but the five-seven with the vertical grip would be considered an AOW (any other weapon) according to the ATF. hope you have the proper paperwork/credentials! and illegal AOW is a felony. meaning no guns, voting and mandatory jail time.

3. onion

onion Senior member

4. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

ahaha where are they Brazil?

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

That shit is truly awesome

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

7. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

8. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

9. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Looks like CMP won't be getting those Korean M1s - straight to retailers like SOG.

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Surplus M1 Garands $429 "mechanically fine": http://www.southernohiogun.com/new-a...1-garands.html Wish I could justify one, but no.
    Whoa. Even cheaper than the CMP (though they likely have import marks). I'm not much of a military arms guy, but let me just add that Garands are pretty awesome. Big bang. [​IMG]

11. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I traded a Spanish Civil War 7mm M1916 Mauser, a Century Arms CETME B and my CZ82 this week. In return I got a .22 K98 trainer (made in the USSR, I think): [​IMG] And a new .380 Browning BDA (made by Beretta and basically a Beretta 84 with slide-mounted safety/decocker and a full length slide) for daily concealed carry as an alternative to the little .357magnum snubby: [​IMG]

12. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

I traded a Spanish Civil War 7mm M1916 Mauser, a Century Arms CETME B and my CZ82 this week. In return I got a .22 K98 trainer (made in the USSR, I think):

And a new .380 Browning BDA (made by Beretta and basically a Beretta 84 with slide-mounted safety/decocker and a full length slide) for daily concealed carry as an alternative to the little .357magnum snubby:

Congrats on your new purchases...enjoy.

Where did you buy from?

13. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Congrats on your new purchases...enjoy.

Where did you buy from?

Cheers. I'm loving to quality of the Beretta/Browning.

I did the swap at Fountain Firearms in Sugarland. They have a good range of stuff but with high sticker prices. I did find that they are fairly negotiable on those advertised prices and do a reasonable trade-in deal. Not my favourite shop in town, but ok if they have what you're looking for, I guess.

14. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

Cheers. I'm loving to quality of the Beretta/Browning.

I did the swap at Fountain Firearms in Sugarland. They have a good range of stuff but with high sticker prices. I did find that they are fairly negotiable on those advertised prices and do a reasonable trade-in deal. Not my favourite shop in town, but ok if they have what you're looking for, I guess.

I've never been to Fountain, I've checked their site several times in the past. I was always planning on heading out that way, but never found the time to make that drive.

I'm glad to see you finally found you a new toy...I know you've been eyeing a .380 for a while.

15. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I've never been to Fountain, I've checked their site several times in the past. I was always planning on heading out that way, but never found the time to make that drive.

I'm glad to see you finally found you a new toy...I know you've been eyeing a .380 for a while.

We'll have to go to that Tomball pawnshop one weekend. Maybe Knob Creek someday, too - THAT would be a fun one!

Anyone here ever been ... or there this weekend?