1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Gun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Aug 10, 2007.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Apart from it being ammo sensitive the Walther Q5 is pretty great. Don't love that it rattles so much, but apparently that's normal.

[​IMG]

2. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I finished my NRA certified instructor training for shotgun this weekend. It was pretty fun and easy. Now I will be able to work up at the shotgun range at scout camp this year actually doing shooting instruction instead of just admin and cleaning support.

3. MGWS

MGWS Active Member

I'll throw in some toys.

The rifle is a KAC 11.5" SR-15 with a Aimpoint T2, Arisaka light, and SIlencerCo Saker Suppressor

The pistol is a HK VP9 with a X300u light and SilencerCo Osprey Suppressor

Lastly, I bought a flamethrower (XM42) because why not. I haven't used it yet but it's just fun to own.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I am amazed how common cans have become from 10 years ago. I think it is a combination of $200 not being that expensive anymore, use of supprssors in a lot of 3-gun shows on TV, and the widere availability of CNC equipment, which has taken a lot of thr complexity of the baffle stack out of the equation.

5. MGWS

MGWS Active Member

I think what has helped was the spread of information and dispelling of misinformation as well. It was about 10 years ago I got into NFA stuff and every range officer wanted to see your form 1 or form 4 even though they had no idea of the validity of the document. Now no one cares and only some newer shooter will head over to my lane to take a look. It is so easy to buy a can with Silencer shop, Capitol Armory, and local shops. When I bought my first NFA item there was only 1 guy in town now almost every shop is into it so they have to be price competitive and actually have customer service. The increase in sales has really helped in the r&d department and the cans are getting quieter and lighter. The NFA world has really helped me in the realm of patience.

6. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I like the osprey a lot. I think it's my next suppressor. Unfortunately, Silencer Shop doesn't carry SilencerCo any more, and I already have all my information (and my brother's for the trust) in their system. I'm lazy, and that would have made life so much easier.

There is a dealer not far out of town that carries SilencerCo, so I could go there, but to get any benefits (have multiple owners, add trustees so my girlfriend can take care of them while I'm out of town or so I can keep them in the house after we're married, etc.) I'd have to bring my brother along.

7. MGWS

MGWS Active Member

http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-osprey-9.html

They are running a $200 stamp rebate as well.

I really like the Osprey. It is real easy to time to the gun. The only thing I would recommend is to buy extra piston o-rings and maintain the booster after range days. I went too long in between maintenance and shredded the o-ring which disabled the weapon.

Are still going to use your trust for new purchases after 41f passing?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Yeah I actually only had an SBR app in pre-41f. And just put my post-41f application in for a SureFire 762-SOCOM-RC2. So I figure if I've already put the work in with Silencer Shop, it's annoying to have to do it all over again with a new shop because Silencer Shop and SilencerCo are going through a tiff.