• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pics when it does.

What was that two-tone model? starlight or something?

Oh I'll post pics for sure when I get it. I have no idea what the two tone 92 was officially called. We just called it the cool looking two tone. The one I'm getting has the generic black grips which I'll get around to changing to the nice rosewood version.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suffered a hand injury several years ago that really affected the strength of my index finger. This has moved me a little off of my longstanding preference for the Sig DA/SA platform, because the length and weight of the Sig DA pull now make it harder for me to run accurately. I'm going to send one of my Sigs back to the factory for a Custom Shop trigger job and SRT installation to see if smoothing the trigger and taking a pound or two off of the DA pull helps. If not, I'm probably going to dive deeper into the M&P platform. I have nearly a thousand rounds through my M&P 40 with Apex trigger, and while I like it and can shoot it pretty accurately, for some reason it does not inspire the same confidence as my P229 does.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well one of our Sig customers is letting go of his Inox Beretta 92FS with 3 spare high cap mags. It's going to be my new gun whenever he gets around to visiting us.

What is your preference for a metal frame 9mm?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suited, tough question. The Beretta 92, a Sig 226 or a higher end 1911 platform are all fine with me.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, er...

Older Sigs made under the Sig Sauer name are excellent. The new "Sigarms" products, not so much.

Beretta, sure, so long as you have huge hands.

The Springfield EMP looks interesting, but so does the Star BM. Who remembers the LaFrance Six Pack? Sort of like an ASP that actually worked.

If you don't mind the idiosyncratic trigger, the CZ75 is very doable.

I'd just get a High Power. But then again I just went plastic.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

9mm metal frame?  Sig 229 no doubt.

Chuck at the store just got himself the Scorpion version with the short reset trigger. We're supposed to go out and shoot it today sometime. I forgot about the Browning HP. That's another great choice. Well I finalized the deal on the Inox 92. I don't have to worry about mags, I found out it comes with 6. I'll have it next week sometime.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear some practical feedback on the short reset trigger. I can't remember if I tried it or not. I did try the DAK when it first came out. Hated it.

Last edited:

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Taking a little inspiration from Crane's photo layout, here's one of my newest acquisitions. It's not the prettiest of the flock, but it's not going anywhere.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm curious to hear some practical feedback on the short reset trigger.  I can't remember if I tried it or not.  I did try the DAK when it first came out.  Hated it.

The short reset trigger is nice. Once you're in SA mode it resets with just a wee bit of forward trigger travel. You know when you went far enough because you'll hear a nice click when it resets. It didn't take hardly anytime for any of us to get the hang of it. 300 rounds went downrange pretty quick. Accuracy is exceptional as usual and between the 3 of us there were no issues at all. Of course I wouldn't really expect anything else from a 229.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll have to find out if the older Sigs can be retrofitted with the short reset trigger. Sounds intriguing.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm, I'll have to find out if the older Sigs can be retrofitted with the short reset trigger.  Sounds intriguing.

The SRT kit is just a replacement sear and safety lever. I think the only service caliber P series Sig not listed is the P225.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads