Gun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Aug 10, 2007.

1. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

You're welcome.

I doubt you'll find a better deal than that - even with shipping it is way cheaper than a trip to AmmotoGo in Brenham which will also hit you with sales tax. In fact, I'm think I should probably buy a few more boxes at that price.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

2. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Check out slickguns.com

I think I saw a couple good deals for .223 recently. Cabella's has $20 off of $150 right now, and I know their 9mm price is great with it.

3. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

4. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer Senior member

5. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

Just got my IPSC Open gun!

[​IMG]

7. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

8. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I picked-up a new carry handgun today.

The fixed sights on my S&W 6906 were waaaay off and impractical to fix and I am booked to requalify for my CHL next weekend. So, I have finally succumb to the tupperware firearm craze. I did shoot one at the range a couple of years ago with Southern Nupe. Like all my other handguns, it has a slide-mounted 'up tp shoot' safety/decocker.

[​IMG]

It's not pretty, but I hope it will be functional.

The adjustable backstrap is a nifty feature, though the medium feels fine to me. The magazine finger extension thing is also nifty for range-time, though not so easy to reliably flip down under pressure. My only complaint so far is that the safety is stiff and a little difficult to manipulate with the thumb from the draw.Clearly Beretta intended most folks to carry in the fire position, relying upon the heavy DA trigger as their safety.

Now I wait for Crossbreed to make my holster for this .....

9. Steve Liu

Steve Liu Member

I have a Sig Sauer p226 and a p238. I live in Massachusetts with these crap ass gun laws so its pretty hard to get some of the other guns, like the competition ones and various 1911 models. I can't order ammo online either =( But for the new owners, I recommend you take a couple of shooting classes at an academy first. You'll find out what you like better that way IMO.

10. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

I carried a HK P7M8 for 20 years, just switched to a walther PPS, very thin, very light

11. justinsmnz

justinsmnz Senior member

I got my Concealed permit late last year and picked up a Kel Tec P3-AT .380. It's a tiny little guy and is insanely easy to conceal, but rather uncomfortable to shoot. Recently I got the itch for a bigger, more fun gun to shoot. I picked this up for a great price at a pawn shop yesterday. Pretty excited to get it out to the range this weekend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

12. ettebe

ettebe Senior member

13. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

14. suited

suited Senior member

Love the pocket pistols. This has been a savior for me in warm weather. It also shoots very well, the trigger is exceptional.

[​IMG]

15. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Looks like a lot of fun! Though it is partially funded by the US Government and everal parts are supposed to be made here, the IMI Tavor can't be imported whole to the US. Instead, we are waiting to see if Charles Daily will successfully produce barrels, receivers and other 922R parts so that it can be sold as a domestically produced firearm.

Obviously, I am very biased towards the AUG platform, but I do like what I have read about the TAVOR. Pity it doesn't have the AUG's quick-change barrel or FAMAS and FS2000 quick-swap between left and right hand ejection.