• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Austin45
Has guns become some toys that people but on daily bases to go play bad cope good cope with or what?

We are talking about guns here people!

How are you just now realizing this? I carry atleast 3 guns on me at all times, in which I feel somewhat uncomfortable when I'm not presented with the opportunity to pull atleast one on a daily basis. If you're not a grown man playing Good Cop/Bad Cop....you're not living life.

Needless to say...your name had me believing you would be pro-gun.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Austin45
Has guns become some toys that people but on daily bases to go play bad cope good cope with or what?

We are talking about guns here people!

You wouldn't like me on a bad cope day :evil laugh:

andrew96

Reaction score
Man I wish I could find the pictures from a BSA(much against the BSA rules) trip when I was 10(first time shooting) to a man's private range known only as "Paul's uncle". Be brought a .50cal black powder
2 AR-15s,
4 .22 rifles,
Judge(410/.45 revolver)
357 mag/38special,
5 M1911s,
3 20 gauges,
3 12 gauges.

Ha ha, 10 year old me with 2 high power assault riles, good times.

Dylan1471

Reaction score
Glock 26, Glock 19, Beretta .22, S&W .38 Chiefs Special and last but not least the loaded gun in my pants...lol.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 5yo.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dylan1471
Glock 26, Glock 19, Beretta .22, S&W .38 Chiefs Special and last but not least the loaded gun in my pants...lol.

You must be having issues with accidental discharges or failures to fire?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got to take my Daniel Defense AR build to the range... an indoor, 20-yard range. Oh well. At least it was something.

It's not sighted in (my Aimpoint clone red dot is hitting way left and low, irons are dead on but a hair low) - but it was fun to put 50 rounds through it at a rapid pace. Leaning toward putting the (very nice, for $80) Primary Arms Micro Aimpoint clone on a .22 and just shooting irons until I can find the time to take a carbine class and justify a real Aimpoint.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
It's not sighted in (my Aimpoint clone red dot is hitting way left and low, irons are dead on but a hair low) - but it was fun to put 50 rounds through it at a rapid pace. Leaning toward putting the (very nice, for $80) Primary Arms Micro Aimpoint clone on a .22 and just shooting irons until I can find the time to take a carbine class and justify a real Aimpoint.

I still hope to get an Aimpoint T1 some day.

One of my shooting mates is friends with the PA guys and has ALL their stuff. How do you like it?

My Vortex Sparc micro arrived in the mail today - very impressive so far. Someday it will be sitting on my krink and I'll put it through some paces before giving a proper revue.

Dylan1471

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
^ 5yo.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
nod[1].gif

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dylan1471

Two 9mms, a .22, a .38 and a baby pea shooter.... nice arsenal.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Aimpoint M3 clone that after a year or so lost connection to the battery - if I tap it on the side it works, but if it gets bumped again it goes off. Works fine for range use, and I left it for a year without use so I can't necessarily blame PA's work.

The Micro is nice, came with a quick-disconnect mount, the dot is bright and with the new battery life should be well worth the cost. Only reason I'd buy an Aimpoint is if I needed absolute dependability for a class or if I was planning to use it for home defense/etc..

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I had a Aimpoint M3 clone that after a year or so lost connection to the battery - if I tap it on the side it works, but if it gets bumped again it goes off. Works fine for range use, and I left it for a year without use so I can't necessarily blame PA's work.

The Micro is nice, came with a quick-disconnect mount, the dot is bright and with the new battery life should be well worth the cost. Only reason I'd buy an Aimpoint is if I needed absolute dependability for a class or if I was planning to use it for home defense/etc..

How's the rifle? Never handled any Daniel Defense weapons personally but they seem impressive.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is a custom job - DD and LuckyGunner were (or are, I guess) putting together custom uppers based on your choices - I've got a 16" midlength gas system, 12" rail, Yankee Hill Phantom flash hider (which could be used with a YHM suppressor if I ever get around to forming a NFA trust). Lower was put together by G&R Tactical - DD lower, Magpul ACS stock, MOE grip, G&R's parts kit.

The GI trigger is fine, but I think I'll probably put in one of the new Geissele models soon.

Feels great, and seems to run well. I look forward to putting a lot more downrange. I've got 1000 rounds of steel-cased I bought just before ammo prices skyrocketed that need to be shot.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flursheim
Gun Appreciation if I may? Latest addition.......a JP Rifles JP-15

Temp.jpg

Very nice! Another contribution to the gun Appreciation. A recent acquisition:

5471035115_45879c9f08_b.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads