• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guitar Appreciation

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...because we have lots of guitar players on this board. I'll start:

Ryan Gadow bespoke from NC

Maple binding (I think it's just the edge of the top left unpainted), Fralin pickups, push-pull pots, semi-hollow. Does any tone you want.

Saga Instruments Blueridge BR-140

Really amazing sound, singing sound. This one travels with me checked. Very stout instrument.

Solid back and sides:

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures to add at the moment, but I might soon. I am planning on building some sort of Fender Mustang out of well used miscellaneous parts within the next month. I'm considering having a pickguard made out of dinosaur coprolite. I am not quite sure if I can cut it myself, or where I should have it cut, though. I will probably have to piece two parts together, and put it on top of a very thin piece of pickguard material.

I think I will also make a custom strap for it; possibly from scrap tweed jackets and leather from some thrifted shoes.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
Bespoke?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the only pic I have of mine, a PRS McCarty, Indian Rosewood neck, 10-top, nickel hardware, and birds.
PRS1-1.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, guitar Appreciation!

Well here are a few of my baby's

1956 ES-5 Switchmaster. 1953 Fender Esquire and a 1977 Guild Artist Award. The amp in the photo with the Esquire is a vintage tweed Vibrolux.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sweet Esquire... and amp.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For "heavy metal" I bring out my 30's National Style 2....
smile.gif

(OK, so it's not a guitar it's a uke. I like to think of it as my travel guitar)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I decide to run away and join a strip club band in Vegas, I'll take this geetar. Stratocaster Masterbuilt in Dick Dales signature chartreuse metal flake but with stock Strat features.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
For "heavy metal" I bring out my 30's National Style 2....
smile.gif

(OK, so it's not a guitar it's a uke. I like to think of it as my travel guitar)

Wow, that's hot.

"The Mississippi River was shining like a National guitar..."

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
This is the only pic I have of mine, a PRS McCarty, Indian Rosewood neck, 10-top, nickel hardware, and birds.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...278/PRS1-1.jpg

Very nice top on that one.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Ahhh, guitar Appreciation!

Well here are a few of my baby's

1956 ES-5 Switchmaster. 1953 Fender Esquire and a 1977 Guild Artist Award. The amp in the photo with the Esquire is a vintage tweed Vibrolux.

Gorgeous. I would to have any of those.

Originally Posted by blackplatano
lol8[1].gif
Bespoke?

More MTM, in that you choose a stock model and wood (cloth) and add features (ticket pockets, extra buttons, pink lining, etc...). He does not cut a pattern for you, but I was able to order a thicker neck to accomodate my larger hands.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest purchase, brought home last night: Martin DC-16RGTE. Solid glossy spruce top, rosewood sides and back, Fishman electronics including built in tuner, notch filter, yada yada. It sounds beautiful and plays really easy on the fingers.

stp80523nq0.jpg

stp80524hr6.jpg

stp80514lz7.jpg

sweisman

Reaction score
To Pocketsquare guy...Great guitars. How many do you have?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a few these days. My former 'stable" consisted of around 25 or so that rotated frequently from being traded, bought or sold through a collector network. From the mid 80's to the late 90's I owned, at one time or another, one example of just about every important American solidbody or jazz guitars from the 50's and 60's. I met a lot of well known musicians and interesting collectors who just wanted to talk guitars and that made it fun.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads