• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

guitar hero band or rock band for my kids?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thoughts?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whichever is less noisy.

jase12

Reaction score
guitar hero. slightly more mainstream tracks as opposed to slightly more hardcore tracks for rock band, all the controllers are wireless as opposed to the rock band ones which are wired, and the drum kit is apparently a lot more sturdy. nothing ruins xmas for kiddies like broken toys!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks. read some review and it looks like gh it is

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the system. Is it for the PS3/XBox, or the Wii?

PS3/XBox have incredible graphics for Rock Band. Plus, it seems more interactive, where you're able to create your own character and develop as a band. Rock Band also might have a bigger selection and a greater variety of songs.

If your kids just want to rock out to some classic songs, Guitar Hero is a safe bet, but they might get more mileage out of a game that is a little more multifaceted.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rock Band 2, I hear the guitar hero transposition of the notes is pretty bad compared to RB2.

turboman808

Reaction score
Rock Band has alot more tracks then guitar hero. There is also alot of overlap in songs. So I would say any song in guitar hero is in Rock Band but overall I think Rock Band has like 4 times the song avaiable.

Gonna get ACDC and Sousie and the Banshes thiis week I think.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jase12
guitar hero. slightly more mainstream tracks as opposed to slightly more hardcore tracks for rock band, all the controllers are wireless as opposed to the rock band ones which are wired, and the drum kit is apparently a lot more sturdy. nothing ruins xmas for kiddies like broken toys!

GH has more mainstream if your kids like Rush. I found Rock Band to have more songs I knew, though the lil' kunks might not like/know them.

Seems to me the guitar/video game nerds like GH more, but normals prefer Rock Band.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my kids have typical kid-level **** taste in music, so i'm most interested in gameplay. we have xbox 360, but my mom bought them a wii for xmas so i will get it for wii.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
my kids have typical kid-level **** taste in music, so i'm most interested in gameplay. we have xbox 360, but my mom bought them a wii for xmas so i will get it for wii.

ech... the Guitar Hero controllers for the Wii SUCK.

Do not want.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How old are they? Maybe get them actual instruments to learn? I realize the video games have a much quicker learning curve, don't require lessons or other extra costs but the real thing is so much more rewarding and beneficial to them long term.

/soap box

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they have real guitar, drums and bass, but want this too so they can play with friends and such.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I finally played Rock Band at my bud's house.....**** gave me motion sickness watching that screen scroll constantly. but I can see the appeal of it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads