• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guglielminotti handsewn Italian shirts - 39/40

Status
Not open for further replies.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I have recently started my own tie company, H.N. White, this will probably be my last B&S listing here.

A bit of discussion has been had on the B&S thread (which @razl so attentively updates) about how good it used to be 'back in the day', and its decline ever since. I therefore thought it would be cool to offer some shirts at a price much lower than I normally would, to perhaps briefly re-live that heyday.

Ok, so for sale I have some amazing shirts from Guglielminotti, handmade in Italy with lots and lots of handwork. The price is £70 shipped worldwide. Add £5 if you want tracking/insurance. The RRP is many times my asking price. I'd probably normally list these for £110

I have the following sizes with multiples of each:

15.5" (39). Pit to pit: 22" / Sleeve 35"
15.75" (40) Pit to pit: 22.5" / Sleeve 35.5"

• Blue/white stripe poplin, with a luxurious hand
  • Handmade buttonholes
  • Hand attached buttons with thick, pearlescent MOP buttons
  • Hand attached/sewn collar
  • Hand sewn bar tack at the gauntlet
  • Hand sewn placket running the length of the shirt
  • Hand attached/sewn shoulder
  • Hand sewn seam running from the neck to shoulder
  • Hand sewn gusset

JNsTGbA.jpg

auWHwLO.jpg

bdlf9Xm.jpg

qdpDmfz.jpg

4DpXKeC.jpg

lYMj76q.jpg

G3Zo1sr.jpg

GUj4PHn.jpg

a6kfbUA.jpg

EO7jcxN.jpg

OlksT8H.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03777.jpg
    DSC03777.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This made the latest round of The Best of B&S (Someone Should Buy This!)

A bit of discussion has been had on the B&S thread (which @razl so attentively updates) about how good it used to be 'back in the day', and its decline ever since. I therefore thought it would be cool to offer some shirts at a price much lower than I normally would, to perhaps briefly re-live that heyday.

triple slayer
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shirts! What's the length of the collar points?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Could I trouble you're a waist measurement on the size 40?

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know where to post this question but I figure someone here might have an answer.
I'm looking at a 39 but the sleeves will be about an inch too long. Would the sleeve placket have to be moved to shorten the sleeve an inch?

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Could I trouble you're a waist measurement on the size 40?

/\ likewise for the 39 please 

I don't know where to post this question but I figure someone here might have an answer.
I'm looking at a 39 but the sleeves will be about an inch too long. Would the sleeve placket have to be moved to shorten the sleeve an inch?

Hi Guys,

All of the shirts have now sold. Sorry if I couldn't get back to everyone individually, there was a real flurry of PMs after @razl's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics