• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Guglielminotti handsewn Italian shirts - 39/40

Status
Not open for further replies.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I have recently started my own tie company, H.N. White, this will probably be my last B&S listing here.

A bit of discussion has been had on the B&S thread (which @razl so attentively updates) about how good it used to be 'back in the day', and its decline ever since. I therefore thought it would be cool to offer some shirts at a price much lower than I normally would, to perhaps briefly re-live that heyday.

Ok, so for sale I have some amazing shirts from Guglielminotti, handmade in Italy with lots and lots of handwork. The price is £70 shipped worldwide. Add £5 if you want tracking/insurance. The RRP is many times my asking price. I'd probably normally list these for £110

I have the following sizes with multiples of each:

15.5" (39). Pit to pit: 22" / Sleeve 35"
15.75" (40) Pit to pit: 22.5" / Sleeve 35.5"

• Blue/white stripe poplin, with a luxurious hand
  • Handmade buttonholes
  • Hand attached buttons with thick, pearlescent MOP buttons
  • Hand attached/sewn collar
  • Hand sewn bar tack at the gauntlet
  • Hand sewn placket running the length of the shirt
  • Hand attached/sewn shoulder
  • Hand sewn seam running from the neck to shoulder
  • Hand sewn gusset

Attachments

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This made the latest round of The Best of B&S (Someone Should Buy This!)

A bit of discussion has been had on the B&S thread (which @razl so attentively updates) about how good it used to be 'back in the day', and its decline ever since. I therefore thought it would be cool to offer some shirts at a price much lower than I normally would, to perhaps briefly re-live that heyday.
triple slayer
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shirts! What's the length of the collar points?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Could I trouble you're a waist measurement on the size 40?

Salad

Reaction score
I don't know where to post this question but I figure someone here might have an answer.
I'm looking at a 39 but the sleeves will be about an inch too long. Would the sleeve placket have to be moved to shorten the sleeve an inch?

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Could I trouble you're a waist measurement on the size 40?

/\ likewise for the 39 please 

I don't know where to post this question but I figure someone here might have an answer.
I'm looking at a 39 but the sleeves will be about an inch too long. Would the sleeve placket have to be moved to shorten the sleeve an inch?

Hi Guys,

All of the shirts have now sold. Sorry if I couldn't get back to everyone individually, there was a real flurry of PMs after @razl's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%