Guess? jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by perception, Jan 8, 2004.

1. perception

perception Member

Does anyone wear or have an opinion on Guess? jeans? Are they in the same league as D&G and Diesel, or are they a step or two below? Are they fairly expensive?

I'm only 18, so I'm not looking for a really sophisticated look. Mostly just something to wear with sneakers and a tee, and maybe to a movie and dinner with a lady friend.

Any thoughts or alternatives would be appreciated.

2. ken

ken Banned by Request

For less than the price of new Guess jeans, I've been seeing a whole lot of Diesels at stores like TJMaxx and Value City here in the midwest. Value City had some D&G's, too, but I don't think I'd wear those if they were free.
    Those stores have lots of options when it comes to jeans: Diesel, AG, Buffalo, CK, etc. So I don't see why we young guys should ever pay retail.

3. jrh

jrh Well-Known Member

Perhaps not the use review your looking for, but I wear my Guess Jeans in the field as an Environmental Scientist.  They have held-up better the most anyother jean.  For more casual wear check out Zegna Jeans. The finishing is top=notch.

Ask your ladies which jeans they prefer. After all...

4. Clemsonfan4

Clemsonfan4 Member

I have a pair of Guess jeans that I really enjoy. The first day I wore 'em, the girls seemed to notice, so I'd take that as a good sign. Even tonight a girl I know asked if I was wearing Guess jeans because she "notices stuff like that." As for the jeans themselves, they seem to hold their shape rather well...no real stretching or anything after a couple of wearings and washings.

5. pengin

pengin Well-Known Member

I wonder how the Men's Guess Jeans compare to the Women's Guess Jeans. I have heard of a few complaints from women from the jeans losing their "elasticity" after a few washes. This then causes a "saggy bottom". They say that Miss Sixty, Diesel, and Energie Jeans do not have this problem. Since Men's jeans aren't as tight, I guess this is not a problem for us. Derek

6. Clemsonfan4

Clemsonfan4 Member

Mine seem to hold their shape well, can't speak for the ladies, but I don't wear them skin tight or anything. I actually prefer them on the second wearing without washing them.