1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Guess as to how old this Oxxford is?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bartames, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Bartames

Bartames Member

Hey all - somewhat new to the forum...thinking about bidding on this Oxxford. Anyone out there have any guess as to how old it is? Â Thanks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW

2. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

The easiest thing to do would be to email the seller and ask if there's a date of production on the inside tag.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

No idea, but it doesn't look dated, if that's what you're wondering.

4. Bartames

Bartames Member

Thanks for the feedback...I had e-mailed them, but because I had just discovered it an hour or so ago, I haven't heard back. Thought I would try the forum. I, too, thought it didn't look too dated. Thanks again.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

No problem. One thing about Oxxford that's nice if that's your style is that they are pretty unswayed by fashion. Their gorge and button stance seem to have moved a bit over time, but it's not really noticeable, at least to the untrained observer. Plus the excellent roll on the lapel partially negates the button stance problem anyway.

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

I think the older two-button models have the lower button on a parallel line that intersects with the middle of the jacket's side pocket flaps. Newer ones seem to have the lower button at the top or just above the pocket flap.