• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gucci / ysl successors announced

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well after much speculation after tom ford announced the non-renewal of his contract and the rumours floating everyone from alexander mcqueen to stella mccartney as heirs to gucci, it was announced today that a team would design gucci as follows:

alessandra facchinetti for women's wear
alfreda giannini for men's wear
john ray for all accessories

stefano pilati (who had been designing gucci for the last two years anyway while tom ford played at ysl) gets the ysl gig

all in all, who you ask?
i say the same

does anyone smell disaster?

High_Roller

Reaction score
I don't like the team idea for Gucci, or any clothing line for that matter. It always seems that the consitancy is lost when more than one person is put in place to design for a company. A single vision is a good vision.

big balla

Reaction score
I don't like the team idea for Gucci, or any clothing line for that matter. It always seems that the consitancy is lost when more than one person is put in place to design for a company. A single vision is a good vision.
I somewhat disagree. There is the exception of dior of course. Galliano and Slimane reinvented the company and thier designs are highly recieved among among both womanswear and menswear.
I personally dislike Galliano's menswear for his own label, but his designs for dior's womanswear are really good. And although slimane has been doing good things in men department, he probably wouldnt acheive the same acclaim if he designed for women. (although woman do wear his suits, i fathom the idea of a slimane gown, it wouldnt probably cross the lines of goth-punk if his menswear is in indication of the style.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy