Gucci / ysl successors announced

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hermes

hermes Senior member

well after much speculation after tom ford announced the non-renewal of his contract and the rumours floating everyone from alexander mcqueen to stella mccartney as heirs to gucci, it was announced today that a team would design gucci as follows:

alessandra facchinetti for women's wear
    alfreda giannini for men's wear
    john ray for all accessories

stefano pilati (who had been designing gucci for the last two years anyway while tom ford played at ysl) gets the ysl gig

all in all, who you ask?
    i say the same

does anyone smell disaster?

2. High_Roller

High_Roller Senior member

I don't like the team idea for Gucci, or any clothing line for that matter. It always seems that the consitancy is lost when more than one person is put in place to design for a company. A single vision is a good vision.

3. big balla

big balla Active Member

I somewhat disagree. There is the exception of dior of course. Galliano and Slimane reinvented the company and thier designs are highly recieved among among both womanswear and menswear.
    I personally dislike Galliano's menswear for his own label, but his designs for dior's womanswear are really good. And although slimane has been doing good things in men department, he probably wouldnt acheive the same acclaim if he designed for women. (although woman do wear his suits, i fathom the idea of a slimane gown, it wouldnt probably cross the lines of goth-punk if his menswear is in indication of the style.)