Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gucci spectatorshttp://www.bluefly.com/pages/produ

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VWpete, Feb 22, 2003.

1. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

2. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

I'm usually a big proponent of spectators, but these ones just seem a little... blah. That super-dark-brown and beige combination makes them look like black-and-white shoes that have run through too many muddy puddles. The side-stitched toe reminds me of a bowling shoe, actually.

Versatility? Depends on your personal style. Some could wear them with jeans, chinos, or a suit without a tie, but others would baulk at those, seeing wingtips as too flashy for jeans, and a canvas vamp too casual for a suit.

Personally, I'd hold out for the brown ones with the white leather vamp - I believe Joe G has a pair, and can clue you in as to the quality. Alternately, if you haven't got a pair of monkstraps or a pair of classic Gucci bit loafers, I'd find them first...

Cheers,

Nick.

3. Joe G

Joe G Senior member

Those shoes look better in person than they do on the screen. However, as Nick noted I did ultimately go for the white leather vamp/black body ones. They're comfortable, too, with Gucci's version of a "driving" sole, composed of broken rubber blocks. (They're not quite Tod's in the comfort department, though.)

I'd be lying if I told you I wore them all the time, but I have put 'em on a couple times.

The only caveat I'd have is that the price is insane for a year-old pair of shoes. I paid about that much for them when they were brand new.

Peace,

JG